advertisement

The heart of Sir George Somers was buried here in 1610; a stone column perpetuates the memory of Bermuda's founder. The garden was opened in 1920 by the Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII, and then the Duke of Windsor). A large fountain has been built in the middle of the garden to enhance its beauty, where visitors may also take pictures, using the foundation for a background.