This is the botanical garden of Eötvös Loránd University, containing a plethora of flora with more than 7,000 species including at least 800 varieties of cactus. It was established here in 1847 after being started by Cardinal Péter Pázmány in 1635, in what is now Slovakia. The garden was uprooted and replanted a few times, before finding its Budapest home. The gardens also contain a palm house and Japanese garden complete with pond and goldfish. Reconstruction will continue through 2010, making the opening times difficult until it is completed.