Meaning "Cocoon Inn," this caravansary was built in 1490 by Beyazit II to raise funds for his mosque in Istanbul. Built on two levels, the inn provided a place for the merchants to trade the last of their goods, as this was the final stop on the Silk Road from China. In the middle of the courtyard is a small sadirvan (ablution fountain) for the small mescit (prayer room) poised above; in the summer the verdant space becomes a peaceful tea garden. The monumental portal decorated with turquoise tiles and carvings leads into the covered bazaar. Today the Koza Hani continues its legacy of trading in silk with shops and boutiques stocked with scarves and fabrics at exorbitant (yet negotiable) prices.