advertisement

Via dei Priori crosses the river into Piazza G. Bruno and the 14th-century church of San Domenico. The interior was remodeled in 1765, but some 15th-century frescoes remain in the first two chapels on the right and the first on the left. Piles of books were left lying around in wood intarsia on the 16th-century lectern in the choir. The left aisle has a run of good baroque works, including Giovanni Baglione's early-17th-century Mary Magdalene in the sixth chapel, St. Vincent Ferrer in the fifth chapel by Ottaviano Nelli's follower Tomasso, and a Madonna and Child fresco (1546) attributed to Raffaellino del Colle in the fourth chapel.