- David Citadel Hotel (Jerusalem): Rival to the luxurious King David, this hotel is architecturally engaging and lively and offers a state-of-the-art spa along with excellent food services, including a great kosher sushi bar. Almost all the light, modern guestrooms offer Old City views.
- Mount Zion Hotel (Jerusalem): This lesser-known four-star standout features lovely gardens, interesting architecture, a large swimming pool, and the most dramatic vistas of the Old City, Hinnom Valley, and the Mount of Olives of any Jerusalem hotel. The Tower rooms and suites are very special.
- Sheraton Tel Aviv: Right on the beach, but steps away from the city’s restaurant and gallery district, the Sheraton feels like an urban resort. Food services are superb, topped off by the inventive (and kosher) Olive Leaf. Direct Mediterranean views from many of the guestrooms, complete with dazzling sunsets, are a plus, as are the calm, well-run club-level lounges.
- InterContinental David Tel Aviv: With the best and biggest pool area in the city, wonderful dining choices and bend-over-backwards service, the Intercontinental has become one of the city's most sought-after reservations.
- Hotel Montefiore (Tel Aviv): Super-chic, with a buzzing Vietnamese restaurant in the lobby, this intimate hotel is perfect for honeymooners looking for a more playful place to stay.
- Efendi (Akko): A romantic combination of luxury and authenticity, this beautifully restored villa/boutique hotel has helped turn exotic but undervisited Akko into an overnight destination.
- Vered HaGalil Guest Farm (Galilee): This country retreat, set among gorgeous gardens and vistas, offers rustic family bungalows, an attentive staff, and a great base for exploring the Galilee. It also offers beautiful horses and the best riding programs in Israel, and it lies within walking distance of the ruins of Korazim, a Roman-era Jewish village complete with an ancient synagogue.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.