The Kalenderhane Mosque was originally, and incorrectly, identified as the Church of Christ Akataleptos. But when restorations in 1966 revealed two frescoes of the Mother of God Kyriotissa (Greek for enthroned), the jig was up. Actually, the first building on the site, taking advantage of the proximity of the aqueduct, was a Roman bath. The bath gave way to a small basilica, and then in the 7th century A.D., another portion was added to the south side. The Kalenderhane, built at the end of the 12th century, incorporates the main apse of the latter church (not the mosaic depicting the Presentation of the Temple). In 1204, the victorious Latin Crusaders embellished the church with a fresco cycle illustrating the life of St. Francis of Assisi, the earliest fresco cycle depicting the saint in the world. Another "first" is the Presentation of the Christ Child in the Temple, the only mosaic predating the iconoclastic period in the city. Also notable are two 13th- or 14th-century sculptural representations of the Throne of Justice and of Prayer, located in the right and left architraves.