Attending tapings is a very popular activity, so it’s important that you request tickets far in advance. In fact, 6 months ahead of time is not too early. If you can’t plan that far ahead, or are rejected for an advance seat, all hope is not lost—stand-by seats are distributed for most shows. To snag one of these, you’ll need to get up early and do a lot of waiting around, but many people on the stand-by list do get in. One warning: Stand-by tickets are given out by person, not by couple, so if you’re traveling with someone else, both of you have to brave the line to attend the show.
Some shows to try and see:
- Good Morning America: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: http://www.lastweektickets.com/
- Late Night with Seth Myers: Call [tel] 212/664-3056 Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm ET one month in advance
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: www.lateshowstephencolbert.com/
- Live with Kelly: http://dadt.com/live/get-tickets.html
- Rachael Ray: http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show-info/be_in_the_audience (Sept—May tapings)
- Saturday Night Live: send e-mail in August only to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Chew: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew
- The Dr. Oz Show: www.doctoroz.com/get-show-ticket
- The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon: www.showclix.com/event/thetonightshowstarringjimmyfallon
- The View: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/tickets
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: http://dadt.com
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.