advertisement

This gruesome attraction under the Altes Rathaus is a medieval prison with its original cells and torture chamber. Opposite the torture chamber lie the remnants of a room that once hid the city council's treasures and important documents during wars and emergencies. An underground passage from the dungeons to the outside world existed from 1543 to 1945, when bombing rendered it impassable.