- Best view: You won’t want to get up in the morning at Hôtel Brighton; you’ll be happy just staying in bed and gazing at the panorama, which, depending on which room you are in, might include the Louvre, Tuileries gardens, and the Eiffel Tower.
- Best for families: A terrific value near the Montparnasse train station, Hôtel des Bains offers pretty connecting rooms and family suites at very affordable rates.
- Best splurge: It’s hard to say if the décor is modern or period at Relais St-Germain, but it doesn’t really matter because it’s simply beautiful. Dark wood, plush fabrics, and priority seating at Le Comptoir du Relais downstairs.
- Most charming period piece: Hôtel Caron de Beaumarchais recreates the ambience of 18th-century Paris, when the hotel’s namesake, the author of the Barber of Seville, was cavorting in the neighborhood. A bit of Old France right in the middle of the trendy Marais neighborhood.
- Most eco-friendly: Just next to the Canal St-Martin, Le Citizen recycles all waste, stocks locally sourced, filtered tap water, serves organic breakfasts, and its rooms tout bedding made from organic fair-trade cotton and water-conserving toilets and showers.
- Best for a hilarious honeymoon: See-through showers, floating “levitation” beds, feather-covered ceilings, a fake diamond-studded bathtub — Hotel Seven has all this and more in its wacky yet wonderful suites that are clearly designed with couples in mind.
- Best value: Blessed with a terrific location in the Marais on a lovely and leafy square, Hôtel Jeanne d’Arc le Marais is a terrific budget option.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.