West of town, this four-story house was built in the early 1830s by Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, lieutenant governor of South Carolina in 1833. One of the plantation's other notable owners was Dr. John Bailey Adger, a Presbyterian minister who translated the Bible into modern Armenian. He expanded the house to its current form. In 1966, the plantation was given to the Historic Foundation to be restored and operated as a museum. The four-story structure includes antiques from the 19th-century, high ceilings, and columned porches.