advertisement

Like the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts building , this citadel of learning has the characteristic chiseled thistle of Frank Furness, although it was built a decade later from 1888 to 1890. The use of 1890s leaded glass here is even richer than on the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts building. Originally the University of Pennsylvania's library, the building now houses, appropriately, the fine arts library. It's best viewed in a quick look while on Penn's Locust Walk.