Dedicated to San Pantaleone, the patron saint of Ravello, this cathedral is a beautiful example of Romanesque architecture and is one of our favorite churches in the area. It was founded in 1086 by Orso Papiro, first bishop of Ravello, and rebuilt in the 12th and 17th centuries. The beautiful facade, graced by three marble portals, was reworked in the 16th century and is famous for its bronze doors which were designed by Barisano da Trani in 1179 and cast in Constantinople. To the right is the 13th-century bell tower, showing Arab and Byzantine influences. The Duomo's interior is divided into three naves, each with its own apse; in the central nave to the right is the beautiful Ambone dell'Epistola, a pulpit dating from 1130, decorated with precious mosaics representing Jonah being gobbled up by the whale. Facing it is the richly carved and decorated Pergamo from 1272, a splendid work of art by Niccolò di Bartolomeo da Foggia. To the left of the main altar is the Cappella di San Pantaleone, built in 1643 for the relic of San Pantaleone. The saint was beheaded in Nicomedia on July 27, 305. On the anniversary of his death, his blood (contained in a vessel) miraculously liquefies. When the vessel is cracked, the second miracle occurs: No blood leaks out. Beneath the church, the crypt houses a small museum where you can admire the elegant 13th-century Bust of Sichelgaita della Marra (or Sigilgaida Rufolo), sculpted by Bartolomeo da Foggia, as well as several precious relic holders, including the Bust of Santa Barbara in silver.