Built in 1647 over an 8th-century church, this is the most beautiful baroque church in Salerno. An atrium with a carved portal stands in front of the imposing facade, and the interior is typically baroque, with ornate gilded stucco and numerous frescoes and paintings. The fresco cycle depicting the Passion of Christ in the cantoria, as well as the Crucifixion and San Benedetto in the transept, are all by Angelo Solimena. San Michele (over the fourth altar to the right) and the frescoes of the large chapel are by Franceso Solimena, and other paintings are by Andrea da Salerno. A beautiful carved wooden pulpit is supported by four lions.