- Laurel Inn may be off the beaten track, but it's one of the best affordable, fashionable hotels in the city. Just outside of the southern entrance to the Presidio in the midst of residential Presidio Heights, it's a chic motel with soothing, contemporary decor and equally calming prices.
- The Hotel Bohème is the perfect mixture of art, style, class, romance, and location—just steps from the sidewalk cafes of North Beach. If Bette Davis were alive today, this is where she'd stay.
- Hotel Union Square is an updated classic in an ideal location. A $5-million renovation melded contemporary elements with historical San Francisco features dating back to 1915.
- Hotel Adagio is far more chic and hip than its category counterparts. The 1929 Spanish Revival building has sexy streamlined rooms swathed in rich spice- and earth-tones.
- The Golden Gate Hotel receives nothing but kudos from satisfied returning guests. Just 2 blocks from Union Square, this 1913 Edwardian hotel is a charmer and a fantastic value.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.