- Eden Rock, Baie de St-Jean, St. Barts (tel. 877/563-7105). Its lodgings are staggered on either side of the titular bluff that cleaves the bay. Owners David and Jane Matthews never rest on their laurels, constantly improving one of the Caribbean's most elegant enclaves.
- Hotel Christopher, St. Barts (tel. 590/27-63-63). Yes, rooms are small and the rates not even close to luxury-resort stratospheric. But this smart, sophisticated, and intimate spot is an earthy sanctuary of barefoot luxury. Every detail has been painstakingly thought out, from the impeccably (and sustainably) sourced materials and ultrafine linens to the custom-made toiletries and attentive but never obsequious service. And that view! Watch the sunset while relaxing on your terrace or lounging around the island's largest infinity pool.
- Hotel Guanahani & Spa, Grand Cul-de-Sac, St. Barts (tel. 590/27-66-60), is the ultimate spot to relax and unwind and let the pros pamper you. The vibrantly colored rooms are stuffed with state-of-the-art amenities, the beach looks out on beauteous Grand Cul-de-Sac bay, and the food is terrific. The capper? All this luxury is yours without pomp or attitude.
- The Villas at Le Sereno, Grand Cul-de-Sac, St. Barts (tel. 590/52-83-00), are simply spectacular, with panoramic views of Grand Cul-de-Sac. They include designer kitchens stocked with Le Creuset pots and pans and big plunge pools.
- Hôtel St. Barth Isle de France, Baie des Flamands, St. Barts (tel. 590/27-61-81), is an award-winning boutique hotel (35 rooms) that is both luxurious and comfortable. It opens right onto glorious Flamands beach.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.