advertisement

This lovely old house has a small art gallery filled with rotating exhibitions. An 1822 mansion, it belonged to Sir William Campbell, a Loyalist and sixth chief justice of Upper Canada. The man's home has been beautifully restored (complete with a lovely collection of period furniture), even if it was moved several blocks from its original location in 1972. Guided tours take about half an hour and provide insight into Toronto's early history.