Bhutan is a small country in the Himalayas renowned for giving the world the development concept of Gross National Happiness (GNH). The country aspires to measure its development and growth on the basis of collective happiness of the people. It even came up with a mathematical formula to measure happiness in 2008, the year it became a parliamentary democracy.
Some popular attractions in Bhutan include:
1. The Tiger's Nest Monastery
2. Capital Thimphu
3. The tallest Buddha statue in the world.
4. TashichhoDzong - the office of the King
5. Kichu Monastery
6. The National Museum in paro
7. The Punakha Dzong
6. The Chhimi lhakhang monastery - the only fertility temple in the country
7. The Phobjikha Valley - also known as the Gangtey valley
8. The Bumthang valleys
9. The western town of Haa
10. The Dochula Pass