Hawaii Sale from Alaska Airlines
Fares available for travel Monday through Thursday on flights between Bellingham and Honolulu, San Diego and Maui, Anchorage and Honolulu, Oakland and Maui, San Jose and Maui, and Sacramento and Maui. All other fares available daily. No advance purchase is required.
Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or all days.
Round-trip fares include:
- Anchorage to Honolulu $357, incl. all taxes
- Portland to Honolulu $417, incl. all taxes
- Oakland to Kahului-Maui $417, incl. all taxes
- Oakland to Kona $397, incl. all taxes
- Sacramento to Kahului-Maui $417, incl. all taxes
- San Diego to Kahului-Maui $437, incl. all taxes
- San Jose to Kahului-Maui $417, incl. all taxes
- San Jose to Kona $397, incl. all taxes
For a complete listing, visit our fare pages for Honolulu, Kahului-Maui, and Kona.
AirTran's "Sand in Your Suit" Sale
Fares require a 10-day advance purchase. Avoid blackout dates on June 24, 26, and 30; July 1-3, 5, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29, and 31; and Aug. 5, 7, and 14.
Travel to/from Aruba, Montego Bay, Nassau/Paradise Island and San Juan is valid Aug. 20 through Nov. 15.
Tickets must be booked by 11:59pm ET, June 28.
Round-trip fares include:
- Atlanta to Philadelphia $138
- Boston to Jacksonville $188
- Columbus to Orlando $188
- Dallas to Detroit $298
- Milwaukee to Ft Myers $178
- Los Angeles to Milwaukee $238
- Boston to Indianapolis $218
- Charlotte to Memphis $188
- New York to Memphis $228
- New York to Milwaukee $158
- Baltimore to Milwaukee $158
- Chicago to Memphis $188
- Denver to New York $288
EVA Airways Sale: Seattle to Southeast Asia
Fly from Seattle to Southeast Asia this fall, as part of EVA Airway's (tel. 800/695-1188; www.evaair.com) current sale. Fares are valid on weekdays, for outbound travel through Nov. 30, with a two-month maximum stay.
All round-trip fares must be purchased by June 20 and include:
- Seattle to Bangkok, Thailand $1,046, incl. all taxes
- Seattle to Jakarta, Indonesia $1,122, incl. all taxes
- Seattle to Bali, Indonesia $1,122, incl. all taxes
- Seattle to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia $1,174, incl. all taxes
- Seattle to Manila, Philippines $981, incl. all taxes
- Seattle to Phnom Penh, Cambodia $1,143, incl. all taxes
- Seattle to Singapore, Singapore $1,143, incl. all taxes
Jackson Hole, Vail, Montrose on sale from American AirlinesAmerican Airlines (tel. 800/433-7300; www.aa.com) is having a little summer sale to/from Jackson Hole, Vail, and
Montrose. It's rarely cheap to fly to these places, and while some of these may be a tad higher than previous "ski-town" sales we've seen from American, they're still currently the best on offer. Sale fares are valid for travel to Vail, Jackson Hole and Montrose Sunday through Wednesday and from Vail, Jackson Hole and Montrose Tuesday through Friday.
Fares are not valid for travel to Montrose: July 3. Fares are not valid for travel from Montrose: July 5-6. A 2-night minimum stay or a Sunday-night stay is required.
Tickets require a 7-day advance purchase. Round-trip fares include:
- Austin to Jackson Hole $358
- Austin to Montrose $244
- Boston to Jackson Hole $432
- Birmingham to Montrose $350
- Chicago to Jackson Hole $430
- Chicago to Montrose $304
- Dallas to Montrose $270
- Ft Lauderdale to Jackson Hole $432
- Ft Lauderdale to Montrose $358
- New York to Jackson Hole $430
- New York to Montrose $378
- Washington, D.C. to Jackson Hole $416
- Washington, D.C. to Montrose $354
From the Mailbag: Same-day change fee policies vary by airline
Q: I ended my visit to another city earlier than I expected and wanted to take an earlier flight back home on the same day as originally scheduled (my original flight was to depart at 5 pm but I attempted to take a noon flight). However, United wanted to charge me the same change fee ($150) that I would pay had I changed the day or week of my flight. I thought I could go standby for an earlier flight for free, or at least that used to be the policy. Do all airlines charge to standby for an empty seat on an earlier flight on the same day?
A: Find out.
Additional Reporting by Tracy W. Stewart
George Hobica is a syndicated travel journalist and blogger whose website, www.airfarewatchdog.com, tracks unadvertised airfare wars and fare sales, including the most helpful and always updated Top 50 Airfares.
Talk with fellow Frommer's travelers on our Air Travel Forum today.