Manila, Philipines Sale from Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian Airlines (tel. 800/367-5320; www.hawaiianair.com) is offering discounted fares to Manila, Philippines, for travel in late summer and early fall. For flights originating in Hawaii, travel is valid from August 4 through November 26. From the continental US, travel August 4 through November 19.
All tickets must be booked by May 28. Round-trip fares include:
- Hilo to Manila, Philippines $636, incl. all taxes
- Honolulu to Manila, Philippines $631, incl. all taxes
- Kahului-Maui to Manila, Philippines $636, incl. all taxes
- Kona to Manila, Philippines $636, incl. all taxes
- Lihue to Manila, Philippines $636, incl. all taxes
- Phoenix to Manila, Philippines $918, incl. all taxes
- Sacramento to Manila, Philippines $921, incl. all taxes
- San Francisco to Manila, Philippines $918, incl. all taxes
Virgin America's Fares to Fly By
Virgin America's (tel. 877/359-8474; www.virginamerica.com) latest round of Fares to Fly By range from $59 to $129 each way. Travel Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between June 8 and June 30. Fares require a 14-day advance purchase. All round-trip tickets must be booked by 11:59pm, May 31.
- Boston to San Francisco $278
- Seattle to Los Angeles $198
- Ft. Lauderdale to Los Angeles $258
- Washington, D.C. to San Francisco $258
Midwest Sale for Travel through November
Here's a great little unadvertised sale from Midwest Airlines (tel. 800/452-2022; www.midwestairlines.com). Fares are valid for travel on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, through November 17. Tickets require a three-night minimum stay, as well as a 21-day advance purchase.
Remember, this sale is unadvertised, meaning these fares could vanish at any time. Round-trip fares include:
- Nashville to Omaha $218
- Columbus to Green Bay $238
- Dayton to Grand Rapids $218
- Denver to Des Moines $230
- Newark to Green Bay $278
- Flint to Tampa $188
- Green Bay to Los Angeles $218
- Omaha to Pittsburgh $218
- Pittsburgh to Green Bay $168
China Airlines Sale: Los Angeles to Southeast Asia
China Airlines (tel. 800/227-5118; www.china-airlines.com) is offering discounted fares on late summer and fall travel from Los Angeles to Southeast Asia. Fares are valid for weekday travel from August 23 through September 30. A surcharge will apply to weekend travel. Maximum stay is three months. Stopovers are not permitted.
Round-trip fares must be purchased by May 31.
Note: Korean Air is matching fares on some routes.
- Los Angeles to Bangkok, Thailand $947, incl. all taxes
- Los Angeles to Hong Kong, China $889, incl. all taxes
- Los Angeles to Penang, Malaysia $1,065, incl. all taxes
Summer Travel with the Kids
Traveling with children this summer? Though you may not be wild about planting them in front of the television at home, an in-flight seat-back television can really make or break the trip. Which airlines have them? Find out in our recent Q&A. Plus, unaccompanied minor fees, and child seats v. your lap.Additional reporting by Tracy W. Stewart
George Hobica is a syndicated travel journalist and blogger whose website, www.airfarewatchdog.com, tracks unadvertised airfare wars and fare sales, including the most helpful and always updated Top 50 Airfares.
Talk with fellow Frommer's travelers on our Air Travel Forums today.