Frontier Sale for Travel Through March 10
Book by October 7 to take advantage of these sale fares from Frontier (tel. 800/432-1359; www.frontierairlines.com). Travel is valid for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays through March 10. Fares require a 14-day advance purchase and include:
- Atlanta to Rapid City $258
- Billings to Austin $218
- Boise to Oklahoma City $218
- Dayton to Colorado Springs $218
- Denver to Salt Lake City $88
- Las Vegas to Billings $218
- Los Angeles to Aspen $198
- New York to Aspen $278
- Kansas City to Fargo $218
- Minneapolis to Bozeman $218
- Portland to Durango $218
- San Diego to Rapid City $218
- San Antonio to Omaha $218
- Salt Lake City to Minneapolis $218
- Tampa to Colorado Springs $258
- Tucson to Austin $208
Blackout dates are November 24, 25, 28-30, December 22-24, 27, 31, January 1-3, and February 11, 12, and 15.
Alaska Airlines Sale
Celebrate 50 years of our 49th state with these new low fares from Alaska Airlines (tel. 800/426-0333; www.alaskaair.com). This sale is valid for travel from October 9 through August 25, Monday through Thursday, and Saturday. All tickets must be purchased by November 2, and require a 10-day advance purchase.
Beware of blackout dates, traveling from Alaska on November 20, 21, 25, 28-30, December 16-23, and March 4-9, and traveling to Alaska on November 20, 21, 25, 28-30, January 1-7, and March 11-16.
Fares are reversible and include:
- Anchorage to Honolulu $437
- Anchorage to Seattle $417
- Anchorage to Yakutat $202
- Cordova to Honolulu $437
- Idaho Falls to Juneau $467
- Missoula to Sitka $500
- Pullman to Ketchikan $413
- Seattle to Juneau $379
- Seattle to Wrangell $374
Southwest Winter Sale
While this isn't the most spectacular sale we've ever seen from Southwest (tel. 800/435-9792; www.southwest.com), there are some pretty good fares here and there. Travel is good through February 11, every day of the week except Friday and Sunday. Fares require a 14-day advance purchase and must be booked by midnight PT, October 15.
Seats are especially scarce around holidays, and may not be available on some flights at all from November 24 through December 1, and December 17 and January 3.
- Albuquerque to Lubbock $118
- Boise to Salt Lake City $118
- Boston to Milwaukee $176
- Cleveland to Dallas $218
- Dallas to Indianapolis $218
- Denver to San Diego $186
- Ft. Lauderdale to Houston $218
- Houston to Little Rock $172
- Los Angeles to Reno $156
- New York to Raleigh-Durham $218
- Chicago to Nashville $118
- St. Louis to Tulsa $166
AirTran Sale Through Late January
AirTran's (tel. 800/AIR-TRAN; www.airtran.com) latest sale is good for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays through January 27. Fares require a 10-day advance purchase and must be booked by 11:59pm ET, October 13.
Avoid blackout dates November 25, 28-30, December 18-January 4.
- Atlantic City to West Palm Beach $128
- Boston to Jacksonville $128
- Buffalo to Houston $156
- Baltimore to Dayton $88
- Charleston to Columbus $128
- Charlotte to Milwaukee $168
- Dallas to Orlando $148
- Detroit to Atlanta $158
- Ft. Lauderdale to Philadelphia $128
- Houston to Rochester $168
- Indianapolis to Tampa $148
- Jacksonville to Raleigh-Durham $144
- Kansas City to Richmond $148
- Orlando to Newport News $148
- Minneapolis to West Palm Beach $158
- West Palm Beach to San Antonio $128
- Tampa to Los Angeles $202
Air France to Auction Inaugural A380 Tix on EBay
Land yourself a seat on the inaugural New York-Paris flight of the new Air France A380, all while helping a good cause! Air France (tel. 800/237-2747; www.airfrance.com) is auctioning off tickets through its Ebay store for inaugural flights from New York to Paris, as well as Paris to New York. Bidding is available for round-trip or one-way tickets in either L'Espace Affaires Business Class or Voyageur Economy Class. Ticket holders are also entitled to "a special itinerary of cultural activities and shopping" as well as discounted rates from Air France hotel partners Marriot and Accor.
And, as we mentioned, Air France will donate all proceeds from their inaugural auction to three different children's charities, providing medical care and education to underprivileged children around the globe. You can read further on charity details here.
Flights begin departing from Paris on November 20, and from New York on the following day, November 21. All 380 seats on board are up for auction, which ends October 21. Visit AF380.com for more information.
Holiday Deals for 2009
What's your best bet for scoring a bargain this holiday season? Will fares come down between now and then? Check out our recent Q&A on the subject.
Additional Reporting by Tracy W. Stewart
George Hobica is a syndicated travel journalist and blogger whose website, www.airfarewatchdog.com, tracks unadvertised airfare wars and fare sales, including the most helpful and always updated Top 50 Airfares.
Talk with fellow Frommer's travelers on our Air Travel Forum today.