Last Minute July 4th Sale from Alaska Airlines
Save on 4th of July travel with the current sale from Alaska Airlines (tel. 800/426-0333; www.alaskaair.com). Tickets must be purchased at least three days prior to departure. Travel is valid July 3-5.
Travel between the following cities must be nonstop: LAS/SEA, RNO/SEA, PSC/SEA, BOI/SEA, GEG/PDX, GEG/SEA, BOI/PDX, PDX/RDM, EUG/SEA, MFR/PDX, BOI/SJC, BUR/PDX, BUR/SEA, LAX/PDX, LAX/STS, OAK/PDX, OAK/SEA, ONT/PDX, ONT/SEA, PDX/SAN, PDX/SFO, PDX/SJC, PDX/SMF, PDX/SNA, SEA/SFO, and SEA/SJC.
Sale ends July 1. Round-trip fares include:
- Seattle to Denver $218, including all taxes
- Seattle to Las Vegas $238, including all taxes
- Seattle to Burbank $238, including all taxes
- Oakland to Portland $218, including all taxes
- San Francisco to Seattle $238, including all taxes
- Los Angeles to Portland $240, including all taxes
- Sacramento to Portland $198, including all taxes
- San Francisco to Portland $218, including all taxes
- Tucson to Seattle $258, including all taxes
- Portland to Vancouver $279, including all taxes
- Portland to Burbank $238, including all taxes
- Sun Valley to Seattle $150, including all taxes
- San Jose to Seattle $218, including all taxes
Peak Summer Biz Class Sale from British Airways
If you've been eyeing summer fares to the U.K. but have yet to commit, you might want to consider the current sale from British Airways (tel. 800/247-9297; www.ba.com). Business-class seats are going for $2,012 round-trip, even for West Coast departures. That's really not much of a leap from what you might even pay for a seat in economy along some routes.
Heck, even if you were planning to use miles to book a biz seat, you'd spend about $1,000 in taxes and surcharges. Makes more sense to hang on to your 80,000 Avios points, spend the $2,012 and earn additional miles.
Sale fares are valid for travel from July 16 through Sept. 2. Tickets must be booked by July 3.
You'll find other discounts available for Business-class travel to Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Barcelona, Dubai, Cape Town, and Mumbai.
This offer is valid for departures from New York (JFK and Newark), Boston, Philadelphia, Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Miami, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Denver, San Francisco, and San Diego.
OpenSkies Newark/Paris Sale for Winter
The all Biz Class carrier OpenSkies (tel. 866/581-3596; www.flyopenskies.com) is offering discounted Eco Class fares from Newark to Paris for travel in winter. Travel is valid Sundays through Thursdays, from Jan. 14 through March 3. We even found seats available during the week of Valentine's Day.
Tickets require a Saturday night minimum stay, and a 7-day advance purchase.
- Newark to Paris $941, including all taxes
St. Kitts Sale from American Airlines
From American Airlines (tel. 800/433-7300; www.aa.com), save on fall flights to St. Kitts. Sale fares are available for daily travel, departing from Sept. 5 through Oct. 27. All travel must be complete by Oct. 31. Tickets require a Saturday night minimum stay. All bookings must be made by 11:59pm CT, July 1.
Round-trip fares include:
- Baltimore to St. Kitts $560, including all taxes
- Boston to St. Kitts $534, including all taxes
- Dallas to St. Kitts $459, including all taxes
- Hartford to St. Kitts $534, including all taxes
- New York to St. Kitts $522, including all taxes
- Orlando to St. Kitts $451, including all taxes
- Raleigh to St. Kitts $510, including all taxes
- Seattle to St. Kitts $632, including all taxes
- Washington to St. Kitts $534, including all taxes
Late Summer/Fall Sale from NYC to Sao Paulo
American Airlines (tel. 800/433-7300; www.aa.com), is offering discounted fares between New York and Sao Paulo for late summer/fall travel. This offer is valid through July 9, for daily travel from Aug. 15 through Dec. 15.
Tickets require a Saturday night stay, with an allowed maximum stay of 90 days.
Other airlines, such as Air Canada, are matching. Round-trip fares include:
- New York to Sao Paulo $821, including all taxes
From the Mailbag: Tall People Planes
Q: I'm 6'1" tall and will be flying from New York to San Francisco soon. Which airline should I fly on? JetBlue, Virgin American, Delta, US Airways, United, or American?
A: Read on.
Additional reporting by Tracy W. Stewart
George Hobica is a syndicated travel journalist and blogger whose website, www.airfarewatchdog.com, tracks unadvertised airfare wars and fare sales, including the most helpful and always updated Top 50 Airfares.