Vegas is all about indulgence: neon lights for miles, the thrill and risks of gambling, those all-you-can-eat buffets -- all this smack dab in the middle of a desert, 24/7 but without a clock in sight. A steady stream of package vacations, airfares and hotel offers flood the market. Here are the best for the fall.
Southwest Vacations (tel. 800/243-8372; www.southwestvacations.com) is currently dealing up a Las Vegas special. Sample prices for a two-night package to Las Vegas including round-trip air via Southwest Airlines to McCarran Airport, two-nights' hotel accommodations and hotel taxes include:
- $84 from Los Angeles staying at the Lady Luck Casino Hotel
- $169 from Burbank staying at Aladdin Resort and Casino
- $294 from Houston staying at Aladdin Resort and Casino
- $299 from Kansas City staying at Aladdin Resort and Casino
- $319 from Baltimore/Washington DC staying at Aladdin Resort and Casino
- $439 from Philadelphia staying at Wynn Las Vegas
You must book by October 6, 2005 for midweek travel through December 15, 2005. A seven-day advance purchase is required. Blackout dates are November 18 to 30, 2005.
America West Vacations (tel. 800/2FLY-AWV; www.americawestvacations.com) also has a fall promotion on its non-stop flights with two-nights' accommodations packages. Use promotional code FALL25 to save $25 per person on the following combos.
Stay at the Luxor and receive the "Luxor to Adventure" bonus, which includes:
- Two one-day complimentary Oasis Spa passes redeemable Monday to Friday
- Two-for-one lunch buffet voucher at Pharaoh's Pheast
- Two free admissions to "The Tomb and Museum of King Tutankhamun"
- Various other discount coupons
Air and two-night packages with $25 discount start from:
- $222 from San Diego
- $297 from Colorado Springs
- $317 from Portland
- $347 from Boston
- $352 from New York
Stay at the MGM Grand or two nights with round-trip airfare for:
- $239 from San Diego
- $314 from Colorado Springs
- $334 from Portland
- $364 from Boston
- $369 from New York
Sample prices are for Monday and Tuesday departures in October 2005 only. The fall promotion is valid for travel until December 15, 2005, with holiday blackout dates between November 20 and 26, 2005. You must book by October 6, 2005, to take advantage of these specials.
Funjet Vacations' (tel. 888/558-6654; www.funjetvacations.com) Vegas specials help you save extra dollars for gambling or entertainment when you get to the Strip. Save up to $100 per reservation off Funjet's already low prices when you purchase an air/hotel package to Las Vegas from select markets. Plus, take advantage of additional savings when you personalize your Vegas vacation by booking show tickets, activities, shopping/spa treatments and tours as a part of your complete Funjet getaway. These specials must also be booked by October 6, 2005.
- Sunday departures from Buffalo staying at the four-star Monte Carlo Resort and Casino for five-nights from $550
- Thursday and Friday departures from Cleveland staying at the 2 1/2 star Imperial Palace for three-nights from $400.
- Have four-nights at the Aladdin for the same price (Thursday and Friday departures) or four-nights at the glamorous Wynn Las Vegas for $680 (Monday or Tuesday departures).
- Sunday departures from Dallas staying at the four-star Monte Carlo Resort and Casino for four-nights start from $400.
- Monday departures from Detroit staying at Treasure Island for three-nights is $450 or for $50, upgrade to three-nights at the Mandalay Bay.
You can add on tickets to popular Vegas shows like Ka ($106) and tours like the Grand Canyon ($150) when booking your packages.
TripReservations.com (tel. 800/255-0372; www.tripreservations.com) has packages that include round-trip airfare and two-nights' accommodations at the four-star Rio All Suites Hotel and Casino. Prices start at $275 including taxes per person from Chicago and $297 from Boston during the month of November (Thanksgiving period excluded). Departures from the same cities staying at the three-star Stratosphere Tower Hotel and Casino start from $233 or $255 respectively.
For more airfare and two-night packages, try Expedia (www.expedia.com). Sample prices, based on October departures for round-trip airfare and two-nights at the three and a half-star Bally's Las Vegas are:
- $231 from Seattle
- $302 from San Francisco
- $325 from Chicago
At the three-star Excalibur Hotel Casino:
- $221 from Seattle
- $259 from San Francisco
- $279 from Chicago
When booking your package, you can even book an add-on wedding ceremony starting from as low as $194 per couple.
Once you arrive in Vegas, or maybe even before you get there, you may want to start arranging what you'll be getting up to during your visit. Vegas.com (tel. 800/851-1703; www.vegas.com) can take care of your every whim, from booking a golf tee-off time to getting VIP entry to that hot new nightclub. Almost like your own personal concierge, Vegas.com takes the hassle out of arranging your entertainment on the Strip and off.
Talk with fellow Frommer's travelers about the Las Vegas Strip and beyond on our Nevada Message Boards.