OpenSkies: Last Call for Amsterdam
Ah, remember the olden days of two years ago? All-Business Class airlines were all the rage. We had SilverJet, we had MaxJET, and probably a few other fancypants variations of jet that we're forgetting. But fast forward 2 years later. We've hit penny-pinching hobo times, and the all-biz class model is nearly extinct. That is, except for OpenSkies (tel. 866/581-3596; www.flyopenskies.com), an offshoot of British Airways. And even they've announced they'll be dropping service between New York and Amsterdam due to poor sales, which leaves them only their New York-Paris route.
For anyone looking to make a quick trip to Amsterdam, OpenSkies has some pretty terrific last minute deals for business class, peak summer travel. Just make sure you're home by August 16, when service officially is suspended.
And of course, they're offering similar fares between New York and Paris, minus the looming suspension date, so stay longer!
Delta Sale to Caribbean, South & Central America, Mexico
Treat yourself to a second dose of spring. Delta (tel. 800/221-1212; www.delta.com) has sale fares from Atlanta to Buenos Aires, good for travel from August 3 through December 13. If Argentina isn't your thing, there are other destinations to choose from in the Caribbean, South America, Central America, and Mexico. Travel periods are city-specific, but blackout dates are September 3 through 8, and November 19 through 29. Saturday night's stay is required, but there's no advance purchase.
Book by August 10. Fares include:
- Atlanta to Buenos Aires $936, incl. all taxes
- Atlanta to Rio de Janeiro $910, incl. all taxes
- Atlanta to Monterrey $503, incl. all taxes
- Atlanta to St Maarten $553, including all taxes
WestJet Fall Sale
Canadian carrier WestJet (tel. 800/538-5696; www.westjet.com) is having a sale on fall travel, both domestic and international. You'll find some great fares between Las Vegas and select cities in Canada. Fares must be booked by August 13, and travel is valid on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays through December 16 for Canadian destinations, and Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays through October 31 for US destinations. Las Vegas fares are valid on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays through October 31. Got all that?
- Edmonton to Las Vegas $358
- Hamilton to Vancouver $390
- Halifax to Montreal $238
- Ottawa to Las Vegas $438
- Comox to Kelowna $258
- Calgary to Vancouver $218
- Toronto to Las Vegas $358
Asiana Airlines Promo for Fall
That amazing Asiana Airlines (tel. 800/227-4262; www.flyasiana.com) sale that popped up last month is still going on strong. In fact, the prices for several routes have actually gone down. This sale is good for travel through December. Fares include:
- New York to Hong Kong $707, including all taxes
- New York to Manila $742, including all taxes
- New York to Shanghai $703, including all taxes
- Los Angeles to Beijing $640, including all taxes
- Los Angeles to Cebu $658, including all taxes
- San Francisco to Hanoi $694, including all taxes
Virgin America Sale
Virgin America (tel. 877/359.8474; www.virginamerica.com) is having a sale on summer/fall travel, with fares ranging from $49 each way to $119 each way. This sale is valid for travel from August 18 through November 18 and fares include:
- San Francisco to San Diego $98
- San Francisco to Las Vegas $98
- Boston to San Francisco $238, also available on American and JetBlue
- Boston to Los Angeles $238, also available on American and JetBlue
All bookings must be complete by August 11. For more info, visit the Virgin America website.
Additional Reporting by Tracy W. Stewart
George Hobica is a syndicated travel journalist and blogger whose website, www.airfarewatchdog.com, tracks unadvertised airfare wars and fare sales, including the most helpful and always updated Top 50 Airfares.
Talk with fellow Frommer's travelers on our Air Travel Forum today.