50% off Fall Travel from WestJet
It's been a busy week for WestJet (tel. 800/538-5696; www.westjet.com), what with a couple of amazing 1-day only sales (which, ahem, you would have known about if you follow us on Twitter and new service to Miami, Atlantic City, and Kauai. They're also running a 50% off sale for fall. This offer is good for Canadian and US destinations, for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday travel between September 8 and December 16.
Book by 11:59 pm, Mountain Time, July 23. Fares include:
- Deer Lake to Las Vegas $470
- Edmonton to Los Angeles $290
- Hamilton to San Diego $430
- Halifax to Orlando $358
- Kamloops to Las Vegas $298
- Kelowna to Los Angeles $330
- Ottawa to Atlantic City $178
- Quebec City to Atlantic City $198
- Regina to Vancouver $250
- Montreal to Tampa $290
- Vancouver to San Francisco $290
- Calgary to Vancouver $190
- Toronto to Miami $270
AirTran's "Cubicle Escape" Sale
The latest sale from AirTran (tel. 800/AIR-TRAN; www.airtran.com) is good for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday travel through December 16. Fares require a 10-day advance purchase and must be booked by 11:59 pm ET, July 28.
Blackout dates are November 24, 25, and 28-30.
- Atlanta to New York $148
- Boston to Jacksonville $118
- Baltimore to Dayton $78
- Charleston to Milwaukee $164
- Ft Lauderdale to San Antonio $118
- Jacksonville to Raleigh Durham $134
- Chicago to Philadelphia $144
- Miami to Rochester $142
- Philadelphia to San Antonio $146
- Ft Myers to Richmond $138
Southwest Fall Travel Sale
Southwest (tel. 800/435-9792; www.southwest.com) is offering discounted seats for fall, good for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday travel from August 18 through November 18. Stay clear of Labor Day blackout dates, September 3 through September 8. All fares must be purchased by 11:59 pm Pacific Time, July 30, and include:
- Austin to Tulsa $168
- Birmingham to Jacksonville $154
- Baltimore to Manchester $98
- Columbus OH to West Palm Beach $148
- Denver to Spokane $162
- Detroit to West Palm Beach $138
- Chicago to Washington DC $138
- Portland to Reno $140
- Pittsburgh to Providence $160
Hawaiian Airlines: Save 10-20% on Your Next Flight
How can you get in on the deal? First things first, you need to be enrolled in their frequent flyer program. Not a member of the HawaiianMiles program? It's totally free, so sign up today.
Enrolled now? Good! Now go to Hawaiian Airline's website and snag this promo. Once you enter your membership info, an eCertificate for 10% will be placed in your account - so the next time you book a ticket on the website, you can save 10%. Tada! And, if you are already a current Hawaiian Airlines Visa Card holder, you'll be provided with a 20% savings eCertificate.
Here are the rules at a glance:
- register for an eCertificate by August 31, 2009
- originating cities: Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Portland, or Seattle
- dates of travel: August 15, 2009 through March 1, 2010
- blackout dates: December 17, 2009 through January 4, 2010
- book travel by December 31, 2009
eCertificates are limited and are on a first-come, first served basis. So don't miss out if you plan on jetting off to Hawaii soon.
10 Reasons to Visit Chicago Right Now!
Chicago, Chicago. Why go to Chicago? Well, thanks to low fare airlines such as Southwest and Airtran, both of which fly into Midway Airport, fares into the Windy City are always relatively cheap. But if the low fares that Airfarewatchdog.com finds every day to Chicago's two airports aren't enough to convince you to visit, here's our pick of ten other great reasons to fly there.
Additional Reporting by Tracy W. Stewart
George Hobica is a syndicated travel journalist and blogger whose website, www.airfarewatchdog.com, tracks unadvertised airfare wars and fare sales, including the most helpful and always updated Top 50 Airfares.
Talk with fellow Frommer's travelers on our Air Travel Forum today.