American Airlines: AAdvantage Bonus Mile Offers
American Airlines (tel. 800/433-7300; www.aa.com) has several bonus offers this spring and summer for some its popular routes. They even have a bonus of up to 50,000 miles! That's two Economy Class MileSAAver awards for travel within the continental US and/or Canada.
Click on the links below for offer rules, travel dates, ticket purchase dates, and fare ticket codes. Take note of the fare code from your purchased ticket so you know if you qualify for the bonus offer. Registration for each bonus offer is required prior to travel.
Register today and don't miss out on free miles.
- Boston (BOS) to Los Angeles (LAX); earn Triple Bonus Miles
- Boston (BOS) to San Diego (SAN) ; earn Triple Bonus Miles
- Boston (BOS) to San Francisco (SFO); earn Triple Bonus Miles
- Chicago (ORD) to Minneapolis/St.Paul (MSP); earn Double Bonus Miles
- Chicago (ORD) to Shanghai (PVG); earn up to 15,000 Bonus Miles
- Dallas (DFW) to Madrid (MAD); earn up to 10,000 Bonus Miles
- New York (JFK) to Tokyo (NRT); earn up to 15,000 Bonus Miles
- From the US to Moscow (DME); earn up to 7,500 Bonus Miles
- From the US to the UK; earn up to 50,000 Bonus Miles
Singapore & Bangkok for Late Summer/Fall
As part of Cathay Pacific's (tel. 800/233-2742; www.cathaypacific.com) Deal of the Month for May, both Singapore and Bangkok are on sale. This sale is good for departures between September 1 and November 30, and fares must be purchased by 11:59 PST on May 31. For an additional fee, stopovers in Hong Kong are allowed. Fares include:
- Los Angeles to Singapore $809, including all taxes
- New York to Singapore $1,059, including all taxes
- San Francisco to Singapore $809, including all taxes
- Los Angeles to Bangkok $810, including all taxes
- New York to Bangkok $1,060, including all taxes
- San Francisco to Bangkok $810, including all taxes
Midwest Summer Sale Good Through October
Midwest (tel. 800/452-2022; www.midwestairlines.com) has yet another sale for summer travel, with fares starting at $78 round-trip. Fares are valid for Tuesday/Wednesday travel, from May 26 through October 14, and require a 21-day advance purchase. Tickets must be purchased by May 15. Fares include:
- Appleton to Indianapolis $168 Boston to Green Bay $198Cleveland to Omaha $168Denver to Green Bay $198Dallas Ft. Worth to Des Moines $218Grand Rapids to Las Vegas $218Kansas City to Toronto $213Omaha to Pittsburgh $168
Well looky here! Alaska Airlines (tel. 800/426-0333; www.alaskaair.com) has freshened up their selection of web specials, with fares beginning at $79 one-way. Their latest bunch is (in most cases) good for travel from May 15 through September 30, and available for purchase by May 14. Rules vary according to destination, so visit its website for further details.
- Billings to Los Angeles $218 Bellingham to Las Vegas $118Bellingham to Long Beach $198Bellingham to Oakland $158Boise to San Jose $198Eugene to Long Beach $238Eugene to Seattle $178Los Angeles to Portland $158San Jose to Seattle $138Santa Ana to Portland $178
Hey, did you know that Bermuda shorts weren't actually invented in Bermuda, but in London, by British soldiers? Yep, its a true and entirely Google-able fact. And on a related note: Wearing Bermuda shorts on the banks of the Thames is not as enjoyable as wearing Bermuda shorts in Bermuda. Don't believe us? Feel free to try it yourself. American Airlines (tel. 800/433-7300; www.aa.com) just so happens to have some great summer deals to Bermuda and the rest of the Caribbean:
- Charlotte to Santo Domingo $354 Washington DC to Kingston $331Washington DC to Montego Bay $334Jacksonville to Grand Cayman $368New York to Providenciales $400Miami to Bermuda $317
As we've said many times, the best airfare deals are only available on the airlines' own web sites, and many of them come in the form of promo code deals and special offers. You can only get these, in some cases, if you sign up for alerts and emails directly from the airlines. However, we've noticed that many airlines make it a bit challenging to find where to sign up for alerts! So we've gathered the links and put them in two handy dandy charts. Be sure to visit both our US-based newsletter chart and foreign-based newsletter chart.
Additional reporting by Tracy W. Stewart and Tim Charters
George Hobica is a syndicated travel journalist and blogger whose website, www.airfarewatchdog.com, tracks unadvertised airfare wars and fare sales, including the most helpful and always updated Top 50 Airfares.
Talk with fellow Frommer's travelers on our Air Travel Forum today.