Do you live in Phoenix? Want to visit the area sometime between now and next September? Then hop on your favorite airfare booking site pronto. United is having a smashing sneak sale to and from the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix/Nashville $59 each way, no round-trip purchase required to cite just one example). We expect these fares to hold for a good part of the day, but act fast.
Here are some of the deals that the fare hounds at www.Airfarewatchdog.com have uncovered. All these fares are valid for travel any day of the week through September 22, 2006 unless otherwise noted but are subject to prior sale and may not be available every day of the year depending on capacity controls and all that sort of thing. Some taxes, surcharges, and fees are additional.
- Buffalo $59 one way (United)
- Burlington VT $218 round-trip (US Air; no min stay; travel thru Dec 20)
- Louisville $59 one way (United)
- Miami $148 round-trip (United)
- Moline IL $109 round-trip (Delta or United)
- Nashville $59 one way (United)
- Palm Springs CA $158 round-trip (United, through Dec 15 only)
- Peoria IL $119 round-trip (Delta or United)
- Portland OR $138 round-trip (United, through Dec 15 only)
- Providence $59 one way (United)
- Santa Barbara CA $158 round-trip (United, through Dec 15 only)
- San Luis Obispo, CA $158 round-trip (United, through Dec 15 only)
- South Bend IN $109 round-trip (Delta or United)
- Reno $144 round-trip (United, through Dec 15 only)
- Tulsa $59 one way (United)
George Hobica is a syndicated travel journalist and blogger whose website, www.airfarewatchdog.com, tracks unadvertised airfare wars and other fare sales.
Do you fly flexibly or do you stick to specific dates? Talk with fellow Frommer's readers on our Air Travel Message Boards today.