Double Up and Save for the Caribbean
Windjammer Barefoot Cruises (tel. 800/327-2601; www.windjammer.com) is offering buy-one-get-one-half-off deals. Grab a buddy and head to sea on one of the line's eclectic, ultra-casual Caribbean-bound sailing ships. Share the savings and you can each reap 25% off your fare. Better yet, book two back-to-back cruises and Windjammer will double the discount, with 50% off the second week's cruise as well. Before the savings, 8-night Bahamas cruises on the Legacy start at $675 per person; 7-night BVI cruises on the Mandalay start at $900 per person; 7-night eastern Caribbean sailings on the Polynesia start as low as $675 per person; and 7-night Yankee Clipper sailings in St. Lucia and the Grenadines begin as low as $900 per person. Offer valid on new bookings only, on selected dates, in ensign and standard cabins.
Prices Go South for Cruising Northern Europe . . .
Peter Deilmann Cruises (tel. 800/348-8287; www.deilmann-cruises.com) is offering 10% savings and free airfare from 16 U.S. cities for five 9- to 21-night cruises to northern Europe on the elegant, 520-passenger Deutschland. A pair of 9- and 16-night Norwegian fjords sailings begins in Kiel, Germany, on June 12 and July 10. Visit centuries-old fishing villages and scenic waterfalls, and stop in Eidfjord, home to one of the world's largest reindeer herds. A 21-night Greenland voyage departs on July 22 from Hamburg, Germany, and calls on the Hebrides Islands; Reykjavik, Iceland; and Aberdeen, Scotland. The stunning scenery along the coast of Greenland includes majestic fjords, rocky reefs, giant icebergs, whales and seals. A 12-night and a 13-night Baltic route sails round-trip from Kiel and Travemunde, Germany. The June 28 departure includes overnights in Stockholm and St. Petersburg and visits to Visby, Sweden, as well as Helsinki, Tallinn (Estonia), Riga (Latvia), Gdansk and Copenhagen. The second cruise leaves on August 28 and also overnights in St. Petersburg and visits the Isle of Rugen, Klaipeda in Lithuania as well as the Scandinavian capitals, Riga, Tallinn and Kalmar, Sweden. Americans can take half off English-language shore excursions when they pre-book. Cruise fares begin at $3,464 per person for the 9-night sailings, based on double occupancy, and $3,815 per person for a stateroom accommodating single passengers. Ship amenities include a lovely spa, fitness classes including pilates, three restaurants, two-level ballroom and movie theater. The ship caters to a primarily northern European clientele, but welcomes North Americans as well.
. . . for South America
You can also save big on two South America cruises aboard the Deutschland. The Chilean Fjords, Punta Arenas, Ushuaia, Cape Horn Passage, the Falkland Islands and Buenos Aires are among the highlights of the first of two South America voyages that departs January 25, 2007, from Valparaiso, Chile. The second sailing departs February 14, 2007, from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and includes relaxing days at sea plus time in Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro at Carnival time and colonial Salvador, before crossing the South Atlantic via the Cape Verde Islands to Santa Cruz de Tenerife in Spain's Canary Islands, February These sailings include free airfare from New York, free shore excursions worth up to $796, free reserved Carnival tickets in Rio, and free airport-ship transfers. Fares for the 20-night Valparaiso to Buenos Aires cruise start at $5,852 per person for double cabins and $6,604 per person for single staterooms. The Buenos Aires to Santa Cruz de Tenerife cruise starts at $6,324 per person for doubles.
What Travel Agencies Are Offering
Here are some of the best deals a handful of major travel agencies are advertising this week. Cruises are capacity-controlled and offers may be withdrawn at any time. Similar deals may be available from competing online and brick-and-mortar agencies. All rates are per person and include port charges. Rates for the ultra-luxe lines may also include gratuities and some or all beverages.
Cruise Brothers (tel. 800/827/7779; www.cruisebrothers.com)
- Princess Coral Princess: 10-night Panama Canal, round-trip from Fort Lauderdale. From $1,249, October 23 sailing.
- Princess Star Princess: 7-night Canada/New England, round-trip from New York City. From $1,095, October 7 sailing.
- Princess Tahitian Princess: 10-night South Pacific, round-trip from Papeete. From $1,345, October 8 sailing.
- Princess Golden Princess: 12-night South America, Buenos Aires to Balparaiso. From $1,695, March 8 sailing.
- Princess Sun Princess: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $899, September 3 sailing.
- Princess Grand Princess: 12-night Mediterranean, Venice to Barcelona. From $2,040, October 7 sailing.
- Princess Diamond Princess: 7-night Alaska, Whittier to Vancouver. From $699, June 3 sailing.
- Princess Diamond Princess: 7-night Mexico, round-trip from Los Angeles. From $649, October 7 sailing.
- Princess Grand Princess: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Galveston. From $599, November 25 sailing.
- Princess Caribbean Princess: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Ft Lauderdale. From $599, October 21 sailing.
Cruise Value Center (tel. 800/231-7447; www.cruisevalue.com)
- Holland America Oosterdam: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $792, August 19 sailing.
- Carnival Glory: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Port Canaveral. From $529, August 26 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas: 7-night Bermuda, round-trip from Philadelphia. From $914, August 26 sailing.
- Princess Cruises Sea Princess 7-night Northern Europe, round-trip from Southampton. From $1005, July 15 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas: 3-night Bahamas, round-trip from Port Canaveral. From $249, August 25 sailing.
- Carnival Destiny: 7-night southern Caribbean, round-trip from San Juan. From $649, May 12 sailing.
- Carnival Glory: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Port Canaveral. From $649, May 6 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas: 7-night from Mediterranean, round-trip Barcelona. From $999, June 24 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas: 7-night westernÂ¿Europe, round-trip from Venice. From $999, July 9 sailing.
- Princess Diamond Princess: 7-night Mexican Riviera, round-trip Los Angeles. From $599, September 23 sailing.
Just Cruisin' Plus (tel. 800/888-0922; www.justcruisinplus.com)
- NCL Norwegian Jewel: 7-night western Mediterranean, round-trip from Barcelona. From $899, May 14 sailing.
- Celebrity Constellation: 9-night Mediterranean, Barcelona to Dover. From $899, May 30 sailing.
- Carnival Legend: 8-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from New York. From $599, September 9, September 17 and September 25 sailings.
- Carnival Victory: 6-night Bahamas, round-trip from Norfolk. From $649, October 8 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas: 7-night Greek Isles, round-trip from Venice. From $859, October 15 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas: 7-night western Mediterranean, round-trip from Barcelona. From $799, October 28 sailing.
- Carnival Liberty: 16-night Trans-Atlantic repositioning, Rome to Fort Lauderdale. From $1,099, November 3 sailing.
- Avalon Waterways Poetry: 9-night River cruise, Vienna to Prague. Concierge hosted with special performance by Vienna Boys Choir. From $1,399, December 20 sailing.
Vacation Shoppe (tel. 866/727-8473; www.vacationshoppe.com)
- Silversea Wind: 7-night southern Caribbean, round-trip from Barbados. From $2,771, April 23, 2007 sailing.
- Silversea Cloud: 11-night Far East, Bombay to Singapore. From $3,597, December 11 sailing.
- Holland America Prinsendam: 25-night Amazon, round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale. From $3,599, April 25 sailing.
- Holland America Zaandam: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $749, June 9 sailing.
- NCL Pride of Aloha: 9-night transpacific, from San Francisco to Maui. From $699, May 17 sailing.
- NCL Pride of Aloha: 7-night Hawaiian Islands, round-trip from Honolulu. From $749, November 19 sailing.
- NCL Sun: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $699, May 13 sailing.
- NCL Majesty: 7-night Bermuda, round-trip from Boston. From $649, May 14 sailing.
- NCL Dawn: 7-night Bermuda and Bahamas, round-trip from New York. From $599, May 13 sailing.
Know a better deal? Share the good news with fellow Frommer's travelers on our Cruise Message Boards.