We've rounded up the best sales currently being offered by large online agencies, plus we've found a few specials on Alaska itineraries, price cuts for couples celebrating certain anniversaries and low rates for gay groups on the Queen Mary 2.
French Country Waterways Sez Happy Anniversary!
The luxury barge operator is offering discounts of 5% to 50% on selected departures of three of luxury barge cruises in France for couples celebrating wedding anniversaries in sequences of five, from their fifth to their 50th in 2005. The longer the marriage, the larger the savings -- a 5% discount for the fifth anniversary, 10% for the 10th, 25% for the 25th, and so on. The cruises, which have weekly departures from March 27 to October 26, are regularly priced at $3,495 to $4,995 per person, double occupancy. Leisurely six-night, all-inclusive cruises along tree-lined canals in the French countryside are aboard 9 to 12-passenger barges. The trips include excellent French cuisine and wines from Grand Cru and Premier Cru vineyards, a dinner ashore at a Michelin-starred restaurant, daily sightseeing excursions, an English- and French-speaking crew, open bar, bicycles and escorted transfers between Paris or Strasbourg and the barge. The cruise need not coincide with the wedding date but a couple must have gotten married between 1955 and 2000 in a year ending in five or zero and submit a copy of the wedding certificate. Rates are lowest during "value seasons" -- March 27 to April 30, July 17 to August 13, and October 16 to November 5.
Contact French Country Waterways at tel. 800/222-1236 or online at www.fcwl.com.
The Dutch Do Alaska
Book by March 31, 2005, and save up to 40% and snag a $100 land tour credit (per couple) on select Holland America (tel. 877/724-5425; www.hollandamerica.com) Alaska cruise and land tour packages. The savings apply to 11- and 12-night cruise/land tour combos between Anchorage and Vancouver from May 17 though September 3. When booking ask for Promo #1035 or Promo #1002.
Royal Deals on the New Queen
Pied Piper (tel. 800/874-7312; www.piedpipertravel.com), a travel agency specializing in group travel for gays, is offering rates as low as $999 per person for an inside cabin on the QM2's March 9th 8-night Caribbean cruise round-trip out of New York. Balcony cabins, with obstructed views, start at $1,499 per person and premium balcony cabins are starting at $1,799 per person. For more info on this promotion, go to http://home.att.net/~gaygroupcruises/flyers/3-9-05.htm.
What Travel Agencies Are Offering
Here's some of the best deals a handful of major travel agencies are advertising this week. Cruises are capacity-controlled and offers may be withdrawn at any time. Similar deals may be available from competing online and brick-and-mortar agencies. All rates are per person and include port charges. Rates for the ultra-luxelines may also include gratuities and some or all beverages.
CruisesOnly (tel. 800/278-4737; www.cruisesonly.com)
- Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Galveston. From $549, April 3 & 10 sailings.
- Carnival Conquest: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from New Orleans. From $649, April 10,17,24 & May 1,8 sailings.
- NCL Norwegian Crown: 13-night Caribbean, Philadelphia to Miami. From $849, Oct 23 sailing.
- Celebrity Summit: 7-night Alaska, Seward to Vancouver. From $850, May 27 sailing.
- Holland Westerdam: 15-night Europe, Ft. Lauderdale to Rome. From $1,599, April 27 sailing.
Just Cruisin' Plus (tel. 800/888-0922; www.justcruisinplus.com)
- Princess Diamond Princess: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $938. May 14 sailing.
- Holland America Zuiderdam: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Fort Lauderdale. From $773. May 21 sailing.
- Holland America Oosterdam: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $930. May 21 sailing.
- Holland America Amsterdam: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $901. May 22 sailing.
- Delta Queen Delta Queen: 7-night Golf on the Gulf, New Orleans to Pensacola. From $758. June 2 sailing.
- Delta Queen Mississippi Queen: 5-night river cruise, round-trip from New Orleans. From $534. June 19 sailing.
- MSC Opera: 7-night Greek Isles & Turkey, round-trip from Venice. From $1,350. June 25 sailing
- MSC Lirica: 7-night Mediterranean, round-trip from Civitavechhia/Rome. From $1,350. July 24 sailing
- Delta Queen Mississippi Queen: 7-night Civil War, Nashville to Chattanooga. From $758. July 30 sailing
- Delta Queen Mississippi Queen: 7-night Bluegrass, Nashville to Cincinnati. From $758. Aug. 19 sailing
- Holland America Zuiderdam: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Fort Lauderdale. From $622. Sep. 10 & 24 sailings.
- Delta Queen American Queen: 7-night Legends of American History, round-trip New Orleans. From $870. Sep. 10 sailing
- Princess Caribbean Princess: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Fort Lauderdale. From $559. Oct. 8 sailing
- Delta Queen Delta Queen: 5-night Fall Foliage, Cincinnati to Pittsburgh. From $868. Oct. 29 sailing
- Delta Queen Mississippi Queen: 7-night Old Fashioned Holidays/World War II, round-trip from New Orleans. From $758. Dec. 5 sailing
Mann Travel & Cruises/123Travel (tel. 800/835-9828; www.123travel.com)
- Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas: 7-night southern Caribbean, round-trip from San Juan. From $759, Nov. 12 sailing
- Holland America Maasdam: 11-night southern Caribbean, round-trip from Norfolk. From $899, Mar. 20 sailing
- Carnival Miracle: 7-night Belize/western Caribbean, round-trip from Tampa. From $519, Sep. 18 sailing
- Princess Dawn Princess: 10-night Alaska cruise/tour, Vancouver to Fairbanks. From $1,554, Sep. 5 sailing.
- NCL Norwegian Majesty: 10-night western Caribbean/Christmas, round-trip from Charleston. From $899, Dec. 17 sailing.
- Celebrity Century: 10-night Mediterranean, round-trip Barcelona. From $1,380, Sep. 23 sailing.
- Holland America Volendam: 12-night Panama Canal, Ft. Lauderdale to Acapulco. From $999, Apr. 19 sailing.
- Carnival Pride: 7-night Mexican Riviera, round-trip from Los Angeles. From $599, Sep. 11 sailing.
- Celebrity Century: 15-night westbound Trans-Atlantic, Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale. From $1,030, Oct. 14 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas: 7-night Canada/New England, round-trip from Philadelphia. From $1,119, Aug. 14 sailing.
Vacation Outlet (tel. 800/690-2210; www.vacationoutlet.com)
- Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Miami. From $649, April 3 sailing.
- NCL Norwegian Majesty: 7-night Bermuda, round-trip from Boston. From $699, May sailing.
- Carnival Legend: 8-night southern Caribbean, round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale. From $829, March 11 & 27 sailings.
- Celebrity Galaxy: 12-night Panama Canal, round-trip from Galveston. From $1,200, April 2 sailing.
- Holland America Westerdam: 12-eight Europe, round-trip from Civitavecchia/Rome. From $1,699, June 8 sailing.
Vacation Shoppe, Inc. (tel. 866/7-CRUISE; www.vacationshoppe.com)
- Viking River Cruises Viking Spirit: 7-night Danube River, Budapest to Nuremberg. From $2,399, May 15 sailing. Deal includes sightseeing plus round-trip air from New York and Boston.
- Holland America Westerdam: 10-night Mediterranean, Barcelona to Rome. From $1,899, May 20, Oct 12 sailing.
- Holland America Westerdam: 12-night Europe, Rome to Copenhagen. From $1,699, Jun 8 sailing.
- Holland America Rotterdam: 10-night Mediterranean, Venice to Rome. From $2,112, May 29 sailing.
- Silversea Silver Whisper: 7-night ultra-luxe Caribbean, Curacao to Ft. Lauderdale. From $2,349, Dec 15 sailing.
- Silversea Silver Whisper: 7-night ultra-luxe Mediterranean, Monte Carlo to Barcelona. From $2,499, Apr 28 sailing.
- Carnival Spirit: 12-night Hawaii, Honolulu to Vancouver. From $999, Apr 28 sailing.
- Carnival Glory: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Pt. Canaveral. From $545, Dec 3 sailing.
- Carnival Legend: 8-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from New York. From $1,199, Apr 27 sailing.
- Oceania Insignia: 10-night Mediterranean, Barcelona to Piraeus. From $1,599, Nov 7 sailing.
Do you have a question or comment on this column? Head to our Cruise Message Boards to join in the discussions with fellow Frommer's travelers.