Santa Claus is Coming to the Caribbean
Seabourn (tel. 800/929-9391; www.seabourn.com) is offering savings on Christmas and New Year's cruises aboard its all-suite 208-passenger Seabourn Pride and Seabourn Legend. Each ship is offering an 8-night Caribbean cruise that departs from Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 18 and another Caribbean cruise departing St. Lucia or Barbados on Dec. 26. Book one of these trips and save 34%, with fares starting at $4,795 per person, double occupancy. Combine them for a 16-night cruise round-trip out of Ft. Lauderdale (Dec. 18 through Jan. 3) and save 50%, with fares starting at $6,538 per person, based on double occupancy. Ports may include St. John, Nevis, Martinique, St. Lucia, Antigua, Virgin Gorda, St. Barts, Barbados, Grenada, St. Martin and San Juan.
Rates include all wines, spirits, and soft drinks, plus all gratuities, transfers and one complimentary shore excursion per cruise.
Save a chunk of change on 10-night Cruise West (tel. 800/203-8306; www.cruisewest.com) cruises between Juneau and Seattle that trace the path of the Old West settlers on the nearly 1,000-mile Gold Rush Inside Passage route. With calls to places like Ketchikan, Haines, and Skagway, see how gold mining became a major industry in America and how it continues today in parts of Alaska. The line's casual vessels range carry between 70 and 118 passengers. Rates start at $3,279 per person for trips departing in September.
Hot Deals Up North
Norwegian Coastal Voyage (tel. 800/323-7436; www.ncv.com) is offering 50% off the second person for new bookings of four special sailings from Bergen to Kirkenes, above the Arctic Circle, and back to Tromso. An August 30 departure is priced at $1,655 to $2,405 -- the second guest pays $828 to $1,202; three September departures -- 8, 15 and 29 -- are $1,397 to $2,158 for the first guest and $699 to $1,079 for the companion.
The deal applies to the Nordnorge, Polarlys, Nordkapp and Midnatsol, real working ships that visit 43 port calls along the fjord-cut 1,250-mile coast. See fishing villages in the rugged Lofoten Islands to the Art Nouveau town of Alesund and bustling cities like the university town of Tromso and 1,000-year-old Trondheim and sail the length of the spectacular Geirangerfjord (except Sept. 29 departure) and Trollfjord. If you're a member of AARP, reap extra savings of $90 per cabin (U, P and N). The Norwegian Coastal Voyage ships are casual and offer an up-close look at the local cultural and the country's dramatic scenery. The onboard vibe is casual and the international mix of passengers can mingles in the ships' lounges, restaurants and café. Each also features a sauna, gym and playroom. Rates include meals, taxes, port charges and gratuities. The promotion is not combinable with any other discount except the one offered to AARP members.
These Savings are a Dream
The SeaDream Yacht Club (tel. 800/707-4911; www.seadreamyachtclub.com) vessels carry just 110 passengers and treat guests like stars, providing them with not only doting service and free-flowing champagne, but the use of cool toys like ski jets, mountain bikes and Segway Human Transporters. Book a cruise departing between October 15 and December 18 and save big on these exclusive yachts. There are two different ways to cash in.
- Sail with friends: buy four SeaDream staterooms and receive a fifth stateroom free (although you must pay for taxes and service charges). Or purchase two to four staterooms on the same voyage and each guest saves 15%.
- Sail back-to-back cruises: sail on two or three consecutive voyages and save 25% on the second and third week. Rates include all spirits, wines and gratuities.
Offers are valid for new bookings only and must be received by August 1, 2005. These offers are combinable with all rates available on SeaDream's website.
Celebrate Carnival All Month Long
Throughout the month of June, Carnival (tel. 800/327-9501; www.carnival.com) is offering discounted rates on most of its cruises departing between August 14, 2005 and April 2, 2006 (excluding holiday weeks). Rates during this period start as low as $270 per person for 3-night cruises and include two-category cabin upgrades within like categories (that is, from an inside cabin to a better inside cabin, same with outside cabins and suites). Rates for 4-night cruises start $349 per person, $399 per person for 5-nights; $479 per person for six-nights; $549 per person for 7-nights; and 8-night cruises for $699 per person, all based on double occupancy.
Rates apply to new individual bookings only, and request fare code CP2J when booking.
Catch a Sail to the Isle of Deal
For as low as $1,695 per person, Windstar Cruises (tel. 800/258-7245; www.windstarcruises.com) is wheeling and dealing on 7-, 10- and 11-night Caribbean cruises this November and December. The yachty Windstar ships have high-tech controls that can unfurl the sails in seconds, with or without the engines engaged. Cushy in a relaxed way, these small ships carry just 148 to 308 passengers and offer a wonderfully intimate way to travel. The cruises sail round-trip out of Barbados and St. Thomas or between the two islands. Ports of call may include some of the Caribbean's most exclusive haunts, from St. Barts to Nevis, Jost Van Dyke, Tortola, Virgin Gorda and Bequia.
Time's Running Out: The 3-Day Sale is On!
Book your cruise between June 8 and June 10 and Holland America (tel. 877-724-5425; www.hollandamerica.com) is offering some great rates for sailings departing between July and December. In the Caribbean, rates start at $549 per person for 5- to 7-night sailings, while 10- to 11-night cruises begin at $899 and 10-night Caribbean & Panama Canal trips are starting at $1,159. Book a fall cruise and receive up to a 3-category upgrade.
In Europe, 10- and 12-night trips in Northern Europe and the Baltics are going for $999 per person and up. Also, 14-night western Europe cruises are starting from $1,899, 10- and 12-night Mediterranean cruises are starting at $1,649, and 15-night Transatlantic cruises begin at $1,769.
In Alaska, 7-night cruises are starting at $649, while 10- to 12-night cruise tour packages are available from $949 per person.
Other deals during the 3-day sale include 7-night Mexico cruises for as low as $599 a person and 15- to 17-night Hawaii cruises going for as little as $1,749 per person.
Fares are for new bookings only and deposits are due within 24 hours. Rates are based on minimum categories; ask for Promo #38 when booking.
What Travel Agencies Are Offering
Here are some of the best deals a handful of major travel agencies are advertising this week. Cruises are capacity-controlled and offers may be withdrawn at any time. Similar deals may be available from competing online and brick-and-mortar agencies. All rates are per person and include port charges. Rates for the ultra-luxe lines may also include gratuities and some or all beverages.
CruisesOnly (tel. 800/278-4737; www.cruisesonly.com)
- Carnival Miracle: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Tampa. From $599, Dec 11 sailing.
- NCL Pride of Aloha: 7-night Hawaii, round-trip from Honolulu. From $799, Aug 21,28; Sept 4,11,18,25; Nov 13, 27 & Dec 11 sailings.
- Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas: 10-night Bermuda & Caribbean, round-trip from Boston. From $799, Sept 22 sailing.
- Celebrity Mercury: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $850, July 22 & 29 sailings.
- Holland America Maasdam: 10-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Norfolk. From $899, Oct 26; Nov 16 & Dec 7 sailings.
Cruise Value Center (tel. 800-231-7447; www.cruisevaluecenter.com)
- Carnival Legend: 8-night Caribbean, round-trip from New York. From $1,150, Sept 26 sailing. (The Apprentice cruise)
- Celebrity Mercury: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $850, July 22 sailing.
- Celebrity Zenith: 7-night Bermuda, round-trip from Cape Liberty. From $1,100, June 25 sailing.
- Holland America Westerdam: 10-night Northern Europe, round-trip from Copenhagen. From $1079, July 30 sailing.
- Princess Caribbean Princess: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale. From $688, July 9 sailing.
- Holland America Zuiderdam: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale. From $894, July 2 sailing. (Ocean View Cabin)
- Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Miami. From $999, June 19 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Galveston. From $849, July 3 sailing.
- Carnival Glory: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip Port Canaveral. From $849, July 30 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas: 7-eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Miami. From $1,099, August 13 sailing.
Just Cruisin' Plus (tel. 800/888-0922; www.justcruisinplus.com)
- Holland America Rotterdam: 12-night Scandinavia and Russia, Copenhagen to Rotterdam. From $999, July 2 sailing.
- Holland America Rotterdam: 12-night Vikings & Czars, Rotterdam to Copenhagen. From $1199, July 14 sailing.
- NCL Pride of America or Pride of Aloha: 7-night Hawaii, round-trip from Honolulu. From $799, Aug. 20 thru Oct 2 sailings.
- Carnival Elation: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Galveston. From $499, Aug. 28 thru Nov. 8 sailings. Deal includes 2-category upgrade.
- Princess Golden Princess: 7-night Canada/New England, round-trip from New York. From $799, Sep. 3, Sep. 10, Sep. 17, Sep. 24, Oct. 1, Oct. 8, and Oct. 15 sailings.
- Carnival Destiny: 7-night southern Caribbean, round-trip from San Juan. From $649 with 2-category upgrade, Sep. 4 thru Nov. 13 and Nov. 27 sailings.
- Princess Caribbean Princess: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Fort Lauderdale. From $599, Oct. 8, Oct. 29, Nov. 12 and Nov. 26 sailings.
- Carnival Pride: 7-night Mexican Riviera, round-trip from Los Angeles. From $649 with 2-category upgrade, Oct. 9 thru Nov. 13 sailings
- Princess Sun Princess: 10-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Fort Lauderdale. From $849, Oct. 9, Oct. 29 and Nov. 18 sailings.
- Carnival Legend: 8-night Caribbean, round-trip from Fort Lauderdale. From $649 with 2-category upgrade, Oct. 24, Nov. 12 thru Dec. 11 sailings.
- Princess Sapphire Princess: 7-night Mexican Riviera, round-trip from Los Angeles. From $599, Nov. 26 sailings.
- Princess Star Princess: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Fort Lauderdale. From $579, Nov. 27 sailing.
Mann Travel & Cruises/123Travel (tel. 800/835-9828; www.123travel.com)
- Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas: 7-night southern Caribbean, round-trip from San Juan. From $639, Oct. 9 sailing.
- Carnival Holiday: 4-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Mobile. From $299, Nov. 17 sailing.
- NCL Norwegian Majesty: 13-night re-positioning Caribbean, Boston to Charleston. From $859, Oct. 30 sailing.
- Princess Coral Princess: 10-night Panama Canal, round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale. From $1,152, Dec. 8 sailing.
- Holland America Veendam: 7-night southbound Alaska, Seward to Vancouver. From $699, Sep. 18 sailing.
- Celebrity Zenith: 5-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Miami. From $360, Jan. 14 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Port Canaveral. From $619, Sep. 18 sailing.
- Carnival Liberty: 6-night Caribbean, round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale. From $454, Dec. 8 sailing.
- Princess Golden Princess: 7-night re-positioning Caribbean, New York to San Juan. From $567, Oct. 22 sailing.
- NCL America Pride of Aloha: 7-night Hawaii, round-trip from Honolulu. From $969, Sep. 3, 2006 sailing.
Vacation Outlet (tel. 800/690-2210; www.vacationoutlet.com)
- Holland America Zuiderdam: 7-night eastern Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale round-trip. From $599, Sept 3,17 & Oct 22 sailings.
- Carnival Spirit: 8-night Mexican Riviera, round-trip from San Diego. From $629, Nov 24 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas: 5-night New England & Canada, round-trip from Boston. From $649, Aug 30 sailing.
- NCL Norwegian Star: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $699, Sept 11 sailing.
- Celebrity Horizon: 7-night Bermuda, round-trip from Philadelphia. From $850, Sept 17 sailing.
Do you have a question or comment on this column? Head to our Cruise Message Boards to join in the discussions with fellow Frommer's travelers.