So the kids are back in school and you're already thinking about your next vacation. Begin planning now to give them something to look forward to.
Start with the insiders at Mousesavers (www.mousesavers.com) for some frank advice on how to save dollars (and not the ones with Mickey's face on them). They provide a number of clever tips to make the most of your Disney adventures and deals. For the traditionalist, ARES Travel (tel. 800/680-0977; www.arestravel.com) offers discounted Disneyland Park Hopper tickets (unlimited admission to both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure) for travel by January 2, 2007 (tickets expire 13 days after first use or January 15, 2007, whichever comes first). The passes also include one early entry to Disneyland and tickets are sent to you by FedEx for a flat fee of $10 per order.
- Five-day Park Hopper Bonus Ticket: $174 for an adult and $145 for a child aged three to nine years (regular prices are $219 adult / $189 child).
- Four-day Park Hopper Bonus Ticket: $165 adult / $136 child (regular prices are $199 adult / $169 child).
- Three-day Park Hopper Bonus Ticket: $146 adult / $117 child (regular prices are $169 adult / $139 child).
Small World Vacations (www.smallworldvacations.com) is offering the "Season of Dreams" package which lets you visit Walt Disney World and stay at a Disney Value Resort between October 1 and December 23, 2006 and receive a special discount on a Magic Your Way vacation package (blackout dates include November 19 to 23 and December 2 to 8, 2006). Prices start at $355 per adult based on double occupancy for a five-night/six-day package. Prices for the same package start at $217 per junior (ages 10-17), $176 per child (aged three to nine years) when they stay in a room with two adults. Discounts can range from $200 to $1,000 depending which resort you choose to stay at. You must book by September 30, 2006 to take advantage of this deal. All requests for Small World Vacations packages must be submitted through the company's website and a company rep will respond to requests with price quotes. Packages are also subject to a three-night minimum stay.
BookIt.com (tel. 888/782-9722; www.bookit.com) has a special from the Best Western in the Walt Disney Resort. Pay just $89 per room per night for stays from now until October 31, 2006 and receive free breakfast. Stay in an upgraded Disney view room and save 40% off regular rates and receive two free tickets to Disney's Pleasure Island (valued at $21.95 each). The hotel features free shuttles to all of the Walt Disney World theme parks, the Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlets and the Orlando Premium Outlets. This deal is valid any day of the week, including weekends, but you must book by September 29, 2006.
Tripres.com (tel. 800/255-0372; www.tripres.com) has a web page full of discounts on hotels, motels, villas and resorts in and around the Orlando, Lake Buena Vista and Kissimmee areas. Sample deals include:
- 30% off room rates at the four-star Blue Tree Resort for stays of three-nights or more. Valid for travel from now until December 22, 2006 (some blackout periods apply). Must be booked by October 25, 2005.
- 15% off room rates at Seralago Hotel and Suites for stays until December 21, 2006. Free shuttle service to all four Walt Disney Theme Parks included.
- Select dates at Disney's All Star Movie, Sport or Music Resorts are priced at $89 per room per night for stays in November and December, 2006.
Tripres.com also features airfare/accommodation packages like the following for midweek available trips during the month of November, 2006. Prices are per person, taxes included and based upon double occupancy:
- From Chicago and two nights at the three-star Seralago Resort from $184
- From Philadelphia and two nights at the three-star Seralago Resort from $194
- From Philadelphia and two nights at the three-star Radisson Resort Orlando from $255
- From New York and two nights at the three-star Radisson Resort Orlando from $275
- From Philadelphia and two nights at the three-star Disney's Pop Century Resort from $275
- From New York and two nights at the three-star Disney's Pop Century Resort from $295
- From Los Angeles and two nights at the three-star Grosvenor Walt Disney Resort from $395
Talk with fellow Frommer's travelers on our Message Boards.