Do you love flying JetBlue (those comfy leather seats, DIRECTV, XM Satellite Radio, delicious Blue Terra Chips) but prefer to book your entire vacation on one website and keep things simple? The carrier has finally moved into territory that others have tread for so long: Package Vacations. They just launched JetBlue Getaways (tel. 800/538-2583, then press 3; www.jetblue.com/getaways) a one-stop shop for booking your vacation to any of 12 JetBlue destinations:
- Ft. Lauderdale
- Ft. Myers
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- Nassau, Bahamas
- Palm Springs
- Ponce, Puerto Rico
- San Diego
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Salt Lake City
- West Palm Beach
JetBlue Getaway's motto is to offer friendly flights and great hotels for one low price. Packages include air travel on JetBlue, a selection of JetBlue-recommended hotels and resorts, and car rental. The emphasis is on quality for partnering hotels, rather than just the cheapest available. Combining the lowest JetBlue airfare with the best hotel or resort rate, they are able to offer customers value vacations beginning and ending on JetBlue -- something not available on any other online travel site. The idea behind Getaways is to give JetBlue customers more options and quality products to go hand in hand with their Current Featured JetBlue Getaways (with cute icons too boot) include:
- The "Spa-ahhh" package is priced from $399 per person from New York and features round-trip airfare to San Juan Puerto Rico and three-nights accommodation at the Westin Rio Mar Golf and Beach Resort. This resort offers golf, spa therapy, and a rain forest located next door.
- The "Deep Sea" offer includes round-trip airfare to Nassau from New York and three-nights at the Atlantis, Paradise Island. The Atlantis hosts the world's largest man-made marine habitat, with 50,000 plus sea animals. This package is priced from $465.
These prices are based on mid-week departures (most often Mondays) and prices vary according to season. Departures from other gateways are available for additional cost.
JetBlue is currently having a fare sale to Orlando and Las Vegas, which translates to big savings on attractive Getaway packages to those destinations.
- The "Find the Magic" Getaway is priced from $215 (a saving of over $100 on the regular getaway price of $319) per person from New York and includes round-trip airfare to Orlando and three-nights at the Caribe Royale Resort.
- The "Royal Flush" Getaway flies you to Las Vegas from New York with two-nights at the Monte Carlo Resort & Casino from $245 per person (a saving of $120 off the regular package price of $365.
These sale-fare inspired Getaways require a seven-day advance purchase. Travel is only valid for parties of two or more and must be booked by November 21, 2005 and traveled together between November 30 and December 14, 2005. Visit www.jetblue.com/getaways/getaways_mtm.asp for further details.
In addition to featured Getaways, you can customize your trip by choosing your desired destination, hotel or resort, day and time of travel, and select an optional car rental. For example:
- A three-night package from New York to Palm Springs staying at the Renaissance Esmeralda Resort and Spa in Indian Wells is priced from $367 per person (for a Monday departure in early December, 2005). Book this same package for travel between June 18 and September 3, 2006 ($547 per person) and get a fourth night free.
- A three-night Ft. Myers offer in early December from Newark is priced from $314, staying at Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort. Travel before December 15, 2005 and enjoy a fourth-night free.
- For some Caribbean charm and warm weather, take a Ponce package in early December, staying at the Hilton Ponce Golf and Casino Resort for three-nights from $377 per person.
The package price will always includes all taxes and fees so you can see up front exactly what it's going to cost you. JetBlue requires three days advance notice prior to departure date to process a reservation. Requests made within three days will be handled on a per request basis and are subject to availability. Changes to flight details and itinerary are possible for $35 per change plus any additional hotel costs. As per regular JetBlue bookings, you will also receive TrueBlue membership points for the flight portion of your vacation package. Car rentals include unlimited mileage but do not include taxes, airport fees, insurance or fuel costs. Taxes and fees may vary by state or location.
JetBlue plans to expand its inventory over time and also offer seasonal deals, like Ski Getaways to its winter wonderland destinations like Burlington VT, Denver CO and Salt Lake City UT. Check the JetBlue website for Getaway sales and specials at various times of the year.
Do you have a comment or question about this column? Click over to our Message Boards to have your say.