Things are heating up south of the border and if you like it "caliente," then the coming few months offer the best possible prices for trips to Mexico -- whether you choose the Caribbean or the Pacific coastline.
SunMex Vacations (tel. 877/378-2140; www.itmco.com) is currently offering the following discounted deals (before taxes) to Mexico:
- From Chicago to Cancun: Round-trip airfare plus three-nights accommodations at the four-star all-inclusive Barcelo Costa Cancun is priced from $490 per person based on double occupancy. Valid for travel Wednesdays April 18 and 25 and May 16, 2007
- From Kansas City to Cancun: Round-trip airfare plus three-nights accommodations at the three-and-a-half-star all-inclusive Oasis Cancun Resort is priced from $441 per person based on double occupancy. Valid for travel April 29 and May 27, 2007
- From Seattle to Acapulco: Round-trip airfare, airport transfers plus four-nights accommodations at the four-star Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco is priced from $677 per person based on double occupancy. Kids 12 and under stay free and eat free from kid's menu when dining with adults. Valid for travel Sundays and Mondays from May 13 to June 25, 2007.
- From Detroit to Riviera Maya: Round-trip airfare plus three-nights accommodations at the three-and-a-half-star all-inclusive Sandos Caracol Beach Resort And Spa is priced from $490 per person based on double occupancy. Valid for travel Wednesdays April 25, May 9, 16, 23 and 30 and June 6, 20 and 27, 2007
- From New York to Riviera Maya: round-trip airfare plus three-nights accommodations at the three-star gourmet-inclusive El Dorado Seaside Suites is priced from $681 per person based on double occupancy. Valid for travel Mondays May 7 to 28, 2007. Use he promotional code SEASIDE100.
- From Denver to Mazatlan: Round-trip airfare plus five-nights accommodations in an ocean view studio at the two-and-a-half-star The Inn At Mazatlan is priced from $451 per person based on double occupancy. Kids stay free (two up to the age of 15 when accompanied by two adults). Valid for Thursday departures from July 5 to August 23, 2007.
If you are quick, you can take advantage of a super deal from Travel by Jen (tel. 800/603-3178; www.travelbyjen.com) for packages to Cabo San Lucas. Travel this month or next (April or May, 2007) and packages including round-trip airfare, airport transfers and four-nights accommodations at the all-inclusive Tesoro Los Cabos Resort with all meals and beverages is priced from $499 per person plus taxes. All this and kids stay free and pay only $299 for airfare. The catch is you must book by April 13, 2007. Travel in June for $49 more or in July and August for an additional $99. The same package for six-nights is priced from $649 or seven-nights from $699. Departure cities include Chicago, Denver, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, St. Louis and Washington, D.C.
Head further down the Pacific coast with a three-night Puerto Vallarta package priced from $399 per person. It includes round-trip airfares on United Airlines, airport transfers, three-nights at the all-inclusive Canto Del Sol, all meals and beverages plus non-motorized water sports. Departure cities include Denver, Des Moines, Fargo, Fresno, Los Angeles, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, and Seattle. Add $99 to depart from Chicago, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Phoenix, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C. Valid for travel during April and May, 2007 Add $49 for June departures.
A Reminder of Two Current Sales
Expedia (tel. 800/342-9354; www.expedia.com) has a current special on Mexico Pacific coast package trips. Book by April 26, 2007 and travel from now until May 17, 2007 and get a round-trip airfare and five-night accommodation package starting from $467 per person based on double occupancy.
Examples (prices include tax) include:
- Los Angeles to Puerto Vallarta staying five-nights at the two-and-a-half-star Puerto de Luna All-Suites Resort across the street from the beach and Banderas Bay from $467
- Chicago to Puerto Vallarta staying five-nights at the beach front three-star Playa Los Arcos from $594
- Atlanta to Puerto Vallarta staying five-nights at the two-and-a-half-star Los Patios Hotel from $606
- New York to Puerto Vallarta staying five-nights at the beach front four-star Fiesta Americana from $733
Don't let the name fool you -- Cheap Caribbean (tel. 800/915-2322; www.cheapcaribbean.com) has deals to both the Caribbean and the Pacific coastlines of Mexico. Cheap Caribbean has a Sunny Mexico sale with $100 off any Mexico package booked by April 30, 2007. Use coupon code "MEXICO100" when making bookings. They have a variety of packages to Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Maya, Cabo San Lucas, Acapulco, Ixtapa and Huatulco.
Talk with fellow Frommer's travelers on our Mexico Message Boards.