6 for 60 Official Contest Rules
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. AND OVERSEAS USA MILITARY INSTALLATIONS (EXCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL US TERRITORIES) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW AND AMERICAN ENGLISH. YOU MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER TO ENTER.
"6 for 60" Contest (the "Contest")
NO PURCHASE OR FEE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
- Contest Period:The "Contest Period" runs from 12:01:01 am, Eastern Time ("ET"), May 23, 2017 ("Contest-Start") to 11:59:59 pm, ET, June 25, 2017 ("Contest-End").
- The "Entry Period" is from Contest-Start to June 4, 2017, 2017
- The "Expert Judging Period" is from June 5, 2017 to June 8, 2017
- The "Voting Period" is from June 9, 2017 to June 25, 2017
- Eligibility: You are eligible to win a prize if you are a legal U.S. resident of the 50 United States and D.C. and overseas military bases (void in all overseas U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths), the age of majority or older in your state of residence at the time of entry. If you have an APO or FPO mailing address, you must identify your state of permanent residence. Void where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, trustees, directors, agents and representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless of where they live) or members of household of FrommerMedia, LLC ("Frommer" or "Co-Sponsor"), HomeAway, Inc. ("HomeAway" or "Co-Sponsor"), TMACO, LLC d/b/a THE MARKETING AGENCY, LLC ("Administrator") and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, design, web design, web hosting and promotion and publicity agencies and anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Contest (collectively the "Contest Entities") are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
- How to Enter: This Contest is entered only via the Internet during the Entry Period: The theme is What a Family Vacation Would Mean to This Military Family. The family may nominate itself or someone else may nominate a family they know who has an immediate family member who is or was in the military. The nominator has complete creative freedom to create an essay (maximum 1,000 characters including spaces) and post a photo (JPEG format up to 800x600 pixels is suggested) that will obtain the most judging votes, but the submission is subject to the limitations set forth in #4 below. The judging procedure will be found in #5 below.
Message and data rates, wireless Internet access charges and perhaps other fees may apply to use of a mobile device for Contest entry. You may be charged by your wireless carrier for participating via mobile device. It is therefore recommended that you consult your wireless carrier's pricing plan BEFORE participating via mobile device. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access and, wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas
- Submission Limitations and Rights: By entering this Contest, you explicitly (i) certify that you meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in these Official Rules; (ii) grant to the Sponsor the right to use and publish the biographical information that you provide (except street address, telephone number, and email address) and the submitted essay and photo in all media, including, but not limited to, online displays, television, cable, video productions, wireless applications and other media channels and applications, known and unknown, and for advertising, promotions, other Contests sponsored by the Sponsor and other purposes, without further consent or compensation, unless prohibited by law in your state; (iii) agree that the Sponsor, or those acting on its behalf, may photograph and film you and use such photographs and film for any and/or all advertising, promotional, trade and other purposes and in all media, including, but not limited to, newspapers, magazines, online displays, television, cable, video productions, online access, wireless applications and other media channels and applications, known and unknown, without further consent or compensation, unless you are a resident of a state where that is prohibited by law; (iv) represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to Sponsor the rights in the submitted essay/photo provided above; (v) certify that you are not affiliated with any commercial talent unions including, without limitation, the Screen Actors Guild (SAG); and (vi) represent and warrant that you have not used any licensed material or any material owned or controlled by someone other than you in your submission, including, without limitation, words, graphics or artwork as they may apply; and (vii) represent and warrant that your submission is your sole and original work and you have not copied or plagiarized the content or the concept from other material.
- Experts at Frommer and HomeAway will select 30 finalists by June 9, 2017. Entries will be judged 40% on how inspirational the entry is; 40% how it clearly demonstrates the power of, and the need for, travel and family togetherness and 20% on uniqueness of the situation described in the entry. The decision of the judges will be final; no entrant will have the right to challenge the verdict and the judges will not engage in any conversation or explanation regarding their decision.
- The 30 finalists will be posted on the Frommers.com/6for60 website and the public will be invited to vote during the Voting Period.
- A voter will be able to vote for one (1) favorite entry once every 24 hour period from 12:00:01 am to 11:59:59 pm during the Voting Period.
- Voters will be asked to register with their Facebook identification (handle) prior to being able to vote. If you are not registered on Facebook, you must do so to vote, it's free of charge. You must allow and maintain cookies until the Voting Period has ended as that is how your votes will be monitored.
- The entry with the most votes will be declared the Grand Prize winner provided the entrant has fully complied completely with these Official Rules. The entry with the second most points will be declared the First Prize winner, etc., until all six (6) winners are selected. Should there be ties when the votes are tallied, the Expert Judges will decide the winners.
- The Grand Prize winner will have first choice of the six (6) vacations being offered, the second prize winner will have second choice, etc. This will continue until six winners are declared and they have chosen their prize vacation stay.
All Winners will be notified within 10 business days after the points are tabulated via email. Potential winners will also be contacted via video call which will be taped for future use by the Co-Sponsors. It is an entrant's responsibility to keep his/her email address current and to monitor his/her email account. A potential winner will have five (5) business days to reply to the email notification agreeing to accept the prize according to these Official Rules and for confirming full contact information. Failure to provide the information above within the five (5) business days will signify to Sponsor that the prize has been declined and forfeited for all time and the next highest point getter will be declares the that positions winner and all winners will move up one position and a new Sixth Place winner will be declared. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator is responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's email account to receive email messages. Should a greater number of prize claims be received or notices sent out because of printing, emailing, mailing or programming errors or for any reason whatsoever, only the prizes stated in these Official Rules and their value will be awarded in the sole discretion of the Administrator.
- Prize, Approximate Retail Value in US$ (ARV): Six (6) Prizes consisting of a 5-night vacation rental, airfare for four (4) up to the value shown below and $1,500 in travel money:
Scroll right to view all prizes
|Vacation Rental Stay
||Rincón, Puerto Rico
5-night vacation rental
5-night vacation rental
5-night vacation rental
|Hilton Head, SC
5-night vacation rental
5-night vacation rental
5-night vacation rental
|URL to View
||Up to $2,000
||Up to $2,000
||Up to $2,000
||Up to $2,000
||Up to $4,000
||Up to $4,000
|Total Prize Approximate Retail Price ("ARV")
By entering this Contest, you explicitly agree to forever and irrevocably release, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Entities, their successors and assigns and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives and agents, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, third party claims, judgments, injuries, death, fines, penalties, losses, costs, expenses and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all attorney or "expert" fees or costs, which you now have or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to others or to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of the Contest, your participation or inability to participate in the Contest, the acceptance, possession, travel related to, defect of, use, inability to use or misuse the prize and any elements thereof. By accepting the prize, a winner waives the right to 1) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, or 2) claim any liability (including attorney's fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto). All winners will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release via email and will be required to complete the Affidavit, have it notarized and return it within five (5) business days. Failure to do so may cause the prize to be forfeited and another potential winner may be chosen in random drawings all in Administrator's sole discretion. The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, transfer, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed except by Co-Sponsors who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of comparable or greater value. Proof of entering is not proof of entry receipt.
All federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances apply. Contest void where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA, without regard to its choice of law or conflict of law provisions. If any provision of this Contest shall be deemed to violate any federal, state, local or agency law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Co-Sponsors are required by applicable federal, state, local or agency law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Contest in any jurisdiction, Co-Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Contest in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Contest any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Contest entrants. Co-Sponsors' failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. All taxes are the winners' responsibly and a 2017 Form #1099 will be issued to all winners for the value of their respective prizes.
Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of winning a prize, you agree to the use by the Co-Sponsors and their designees of your name, photograph, likeness, statements (including a taped video call), certain biographical information, voice and city and state address for advertising and promotional purposes, for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission. You further acknowledge that if you are chosen as a winner, your identifying information (except address, email address or phone number) may be disclosed to third parties including, without limitation, being placed on a winners' list.
Contest Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials, notifications or these Official Rules.
By entering, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, action and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prizes awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in New York County, New York and all entrants agree to New York County as the venue for any legal action without regard to conflict of laws doctrine. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' or experts' fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
For a Winners List â€” available at https://www.frommers.com/6for60 on or about August 15, 2017, until at least September 30, 2017. This Promotion is sponsored by Frommer Media LLC, 44 W 62nd St., New York, NY 10023 and HomeAway.com, Inc., 1011 W. Fifth Street, Suite 300, Austin, TX 78703 and administered by The Marketing Agency, LLC, 2881 East Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 425, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Official Rules Â© 2017, The Marketing Agency
- Winners are responsible for all other expenditures, including, without limitation, all transportation (except as awarded above), meals and beverages, gratuities, telephone, incidentals, transfers, personal expenses and travel/medical/baggage insurance.
- All prize components must be redeemed/completed by 12/31/2018.
- The vacation stay and all vouchers offered as part of a prize are subject to their Terms & Conditions and are non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed except that prize provider reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of a prize) of comparable or greater value if a vacation property is unavailable.
- All vouchers may be used one (1) time only and cannot be used over multiple reservations and winners must book all vacation prizes through HomeAway.
- All taxes are the winners' responsibly and a 2017 Form #1099 will be issued to all winners for the ARV above of their respective prizes.
- Winners will be asked to release and indemnify Sponsor from any losses or damages whether by tort or civil in nature, arising from the use of the vacation rental. Sponsor does not own or manage properties advertised on any Site. Winners' stays in the vacation rentals shall be subject to all rules applicable to renters of the vacation rental, as determined by the owner or manager of the vacation rental. Winners acknowledge that the prizes are awarded "as is" and that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any representation expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize.
- General: By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator. Contest administration and winner selection will be supervised by the Co-Sponsors and the Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and legally binding. No participant or potential winner shall have the right to contest any decision by Co-Sponsors or the Administrator concerning any aspect of the Contest or the interpretation of the Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. Co-Sponsors are not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet or cannot click-through for any period of time regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination or network problems, or for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason including, but not limited to, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors, human errors including, but not limited to, errors by Co-Sponsors' representatives who enter incorrect information into any of Co-Sponsor's computer systems or by force majeure. Co-Sponsors reserve the right to terminate the Contest or part of the Contest if in Co-Sponsors' sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention (hacking), fraud, technical failures, force majeure or any other causes. In the case of early termination, potential winners will be drawn from all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of cancellation. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Contest if in Administrator's sole judgment entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Without limitation, all of an entrant's entries will be disqualified, in the sole discretion of Administrator, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Contest through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Contest or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Co-Sponsors assume no liability for damage caused to an entrant's or any other person/entity's computer hardware, software or communications network, regardless of cause. Only the prizes and their listed value in the Official Rules will be awarded. A prize or prize notification that is returned as undeliverable will disqualify the winner and a new winner will be selected shortly thereafter as per #5 above.