- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch (Scottsdale; www.scottsdale.hyatt.com; tel. 800/554-9288): With children's programs, gondola rides, and a 10-pool, 2 1/2-acre water playground complete with sand beach and waterfalls, this place is a kid's dream come true.
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort (Phoenix; www.pointehilton.com; tel. 800/876-4683): A water slide, tubing river, and waterfall make the water park here one of the most family-oriented at any resort in the Valley. Throw in some fun children's programs, and you can be sure your kids will beg to come back.
- Arizona Grand Resort (Phoenix; www.arizonagrandresort.com; tel. 866/267-1321): Let's see . . . water slides that drop nearly 70 feet, a wave pool, a water play area for the youngest ones, a tubing river, even spa treatments for kids and teens. Can you say "fun for the whole family"?
- Enchantment Resort (Sedona; www.enchantmentresort.com; tel. 800/826-4180): This remote red-rock resort may not have a water slide or kid-oriented pool area, but it does have a really cool location in a cliff-walled canyon. There are also fun children's programs and suites that are ideal for families.
- Loews Ventana Canyon Resort (Tucson; www.loewshotels.com/hotels/tucson; tel. 800/234-5117): With a playground, a kids' club, and its own waterfall, this resort has plenty to keep the kids busy. A hiking trail starts from the edge of the property, and Sabino Canyon Recreation Area is nearby.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain (Marana; www.ritzcarlton.com/dovemountain; tel. 800/241-3333): With the longest water slide in Tucson, a play fountain for the kids, children's programs, hiking trails, jeep tours, and horseback riding, this luxury resort has more than enough to keep the kids entertained throughout the day.
- The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa (Tucson; www.westinlapalomaresort.com; tel. 800/937-8461): Kids get their own lounge and game room here, and the pool area has a great water slide. In summer and during holiday periods, special programs for the kids allow their parents a little free time.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.