- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch (Scottsdale; tel. 800/554-9288): This Scottsdale resort boasts a 10-pool, 2 1/2-acre water playground complete with sand beach, sports pool, lap pool, adult pool, three-story water slide, giant whirlpool, and lots of waterfalls.
- The Phoenician (Scottsdale; tel. 800/888-8234): This resort's seven pools are as impressive as the Hyatt's, but they have a much more sophisticated air. Waterfalls, a water slide, play pools, a lap pool, and the crown jewel -- a mother-of-pearl pool (actually, opalescent tile) -- add up to plenty of aquatic fun.
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort (Phoenix; tel. 800/876-4683): There's not just a pool here, there's a River Ranch, with an artificial tubing river, a water slide, and a waterfall pouring into the large free-form main pool.
- Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort (Phoenix; tel. 800/876-4683): The Falls, a slightly more adult-oriented pool complex than that at sister property Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, includes two lagoon pools, a 40-foot waterfall, a 138-foot water slide, and rental cabanas.
- Arizona Grand Resort (Phoenix; tel. 866/267-1321): The Oasis Water Park here leaves other area resort pools high and dry. The wave pool, tubing river, and two terrifyingly steep water slides are enough to make summer in the desert almost bearable.
- The Buttes, a Marriott Resort (Tempe; tel. 888/867-7492): A lush stream cascading over desert rocks seems to feed this free-form pool, a desert-oasis fantasy world you won't want to leave. A narrow canal connects the two halves of the pool, and tucked in among the rocks are several whirlpools.
- The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa (Tucson; tel. 800/937-8461): With a 177-foot-long water slide and enough poolside lounge chairs to put a cruise ship to shame, the pool at this Tucson foothills resort is a fabulous place to while away an afternoon.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.