- Splashing Around Barton Springs Pool (Austin): The bracing waters of this natural pool have been drawing Austinites to its banks for more than 100 years. If there's one thing that everyone in town can agree on, it's that there's no better plunge pond on a hot day than this one.
- Joining the Healthy Hordes on Austin's Hike and Bike Trail (Austin): Head over to the shores of Lady Bird Lake to see why Walking magazine chose Austin as America's "Most Fit" city. Walkers and runners share the path with cyclists and strollers. You get good vistas of the city and the lake and see quite a bit of local society, too.
- Sipping a Margarita While Watching the Sun Set over Lake Travis (Austin): Relax at the Oasis on one of the many decks that stretch across a hillside high above Lake Travis, order a large margarita, and congratulate yourself on living the high life. Laid out before you are miles of watery landscape. If conditions are right, a soft redness will tint the view and create a warm, fuzzy feeling of oneness with the world.
- Attending a Taping of Austin City Limits (Austin): This will be a matter of luck, but if you come to town at the right time, and the show that will be taped happens to be music you like, then there's nothing better than getting tickets to be part of the show. And then, sometime later, when the show airs, you can relive the experience.
- Checking Out Who Is Playing at the Continental Club (Austin): While you're in town, there will be some act playing at the Continental Club that you positively can't miss. It might be a happy hour show; it might be an evening show; it might be somebody you haven't even heard of yet. But take my word for it, with the variety and quality of acts that perform at this famous little club on South Congress Avenue, there's no better place to expand your musical tastes.
- Walking up Congress Avenue to the Texas Capitol (Austin): The shops, restaurants, and hotels lining the grand boulevard that leads to the legislative hub of Texas may be different, but the sweeping approach to the grand historic capitol is the same as it was a century ago—as is the awe-inspiring first look up at the giant rotunda
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.