This palace was the residence of the landgraves of Hesse-Homburg from its construction in 1680 until the mid-19th century. Its builder, Prince Friedrich II von Homburg, preserved the White Tower from the medieval castle that stood on the site. In the late 19th century, the palace became a summer residence for Prussian kings and, later, German emperors. The interior contains 18th-century furniture and paintings, including a bust of Prince Friedrich II by Andreas Schlüter, Germany's greatest baroque sculptor. The former "telephone room of the empress" features Cleopatra by Pellegrini.