- Sandals Royal Bahamian (Cable Beach, New Providence Island) is one branch of a Jamaica-based chain of couples-only, all-inclusive hotels that are favorites among honeymooners. This one is more upscale than many of its Jamaican counterparts. Staff members lend their experience and talent to on-site wedding celebrations: Sandals will provide everything from a preacher to flowers, as well as champagne and a cake. It's more expensive than most Sandals resorts, but you can usually get better prices than the official rack rates through a travel agent or a package deal.
- One&Only Ocean Club (Paradise Island) is elegant, low-key, low-rise, and exclusive. Guests include many older honeymoon couples. With waterfalls, fountains, reflecting pools, and a stone gazebo, its formal terraced gardens were inspired by the club's founder (an heir to the A&P grocery fortune) and are the most impressive in The Bahamas. At the center is a French cloister, with carvings from the 12th century. The resort closed due to damage from Hurricane Matthew in fall of 2016, but is taking reservations from February 2017 forward.
- Old Bahama Bay Resort (Grand Bahama Island) is perfect for honeymooners seeking a hideaway in a boutique-style hotel with cottages adjacent to a marina. The entertainment, shopping, and dining of Freeport/Lucaya are 40km (25 miles) away, so it's ideal for quiet luxury, solitude, and romance.
- Kamalame Cay (Staniard Creek, Andros) requires deep pockets; it's one of the most exclusive resorts in the Out Islands, a perfect retreat for the couple longing to escape casinos and mega-resorts. With its 5km (3 miles) of white-sand beaches in both directions, this pocket of posh specializes in luxury and comfort. And don't worry if you've already taken your honeymoon; this is the perfect place to take a second one, or even a third.
- Abaco Inn (Elbow Cay, the Abacos) provides barefoot elegance and romance in the sands. This sophisticated little hideaway is one of the gems of the Abacos. Luxury villa suites with sunrise and sunset views are the way to go. You and your loved one should seek out a hammock in the gardens.
- Green Turtle Club Resort & Marina (Green Turtle Cay, the Abacos) appeals to romantics who appreciate its winning combination of yachting atmosphere and well-manicured comfort. It's small and civilized in an understated way. The charming, clapboard-covered village of New Plymouth is nearby, accessible by motor launch or, even better, a 45-minute walk across windswept scrublands.
- Pink Sands (Harbour Island, Eleuthera) allows for a spectacular getaway at an elite, 11-hectare (27-acre) beachfront estate owned by Chris Blackwell, the founder of Island Records. Its location on a 5km (3-mile) stretch of private pink sand, sheltered by a barrier reef, is just one of its assets. You can ask for a room that evokes an upscale bordello in Shanghai to put you in a romantic mood, and you can also enjoy the best meals on the island.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.