Built before 1735, Waterville is one of the oldest houses on Bermuda. It was home to seven generations of the prominent Trimingham family. From the house's cellar storage rooms in 1842, James Harvey Trimingham started the business that was to become Trimingham Brothers -- one of Bermuda's finest Front Street department stores until it closed in 2005. Major renovations were undertaken in 1811, and the house has been restored in that period's style. The two main rooms hold period furnishings, mainly Trimingham family heirlooms specifically bequeathed for use in the house. Waterville is the headquarters of the Bermuda National Trust, and houses its offices and reception rooms. It's just west of the Trimingham roundabout, near the City of Hamilton.