- Vancouver from Cloud Nine (tel. 604/662-8328): Situated on the top floor of one of the tallest hotels in Vancouver, towering 42 floors above the city, the rotating restaurant/lounge Cloud Nine has 360-degree views that go on forever.
- The Canadian Rockies from Eagle's Eye Restaurant (tel. 250/344-8626): The Kicking Horse Mountain Resort isn't just one of the newest skiing areas in the Canadian Rockies. This exciting development also boasts the highest-elevation restaurant in all of Canada. The Eagle's Eye sits at the top of the slopes, 2,410m (7,907 ft.) above sea level. Ascend the gondola to find eye-popping views of high-flying glaciered crags -- and excellent cuisine.
- Calgary Tower (tel. 403/266-7171): At 191m (627 ft.), this is one landmark that you'll want to get on top of. From the windows of this revolving watchtower, you'll see the face of the Rocky Mountains to the west and the endless prairies to the east. If you like the view, stay for dinner or a drink.
- Sulphur Mountain in Banff National Park: Ride the gondola up to the top of Sulphur Mountain for tremendous views of the cliff-faced mountains that frame Banff. Hike the ridge-top trails, have lunch in the coffee shop, or fill your camera's memory chip with shots of ground squirrels and glaciers.
- Moraine Lake in Banff National Park: Ten snow-clad peaks towering more than 3,000m (9,843 ft.) rear up dramatically behind this tiny, eerily green lake. Rent a canoe and paddle to the mountains' bases.
- Waterton Lakes from the Garden Court Restaurant at the Prince of Wales Hotel (tel. 403/859-2231): There are lots of great views of the Canadian Rockies, but perhaps the most singular is the view from the Prince of Wales Hotel, high above Waterton Lake. With blue-green water stretching back between a series of rugged snowcapped peaks, the view is at once intimate and primeval.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.