One of Europe’s oldest shopping malls consists of the three interconnected, glass-roofed arcades of the Galeries Royales St-Hubert. Constructed in Italian neo-Renaissance style and opened in 1847, architect Pierre Cluysenaer’s elegant galleries are light and airy, hosting top-end boutiques Delvaux, Oriande, Manufacture Belge des Dentelles, Longchamp, numerous chocolate shops (Godiva, Neuhaus, Léonidas), sidewalk cafes, and street musicians playing classical music. The Galerie du Roi, Galerie de la Reine, and Galerie des Princes were the forerunners of city malls like Burlington Arcade in London, and lie just north of the Grand-Place.