- Grumpy's (Falmouth; tel. 508/540-3930): Come to Grumpy's to hear some down-and-dirty blues or local cover bands rocking out. There's live music weekend nights year-round. It's also a friendly bar scene, attracting people of all ages, locals and tourists alike.
- The Beachcomber (Wellfleet; tel. 508/349-6055): Perched atop the towering dunes of Cahoon Hollow Beach, this bar and dance club is one of the most scenic watering holes on Cape Cod. Although the crowd tends to be on the young and rowdy side, the young at heart are also welcome.
- Crown & Anchor (Provincetown; tel. 508/487-1430): The specialty bars at this large complex span leather, disco, comedy, drag shows, and cabaret.
- The Chicken Box (Nantucket; tel. 508/228-9717): "The Box" is the rocking spot for the 20-something crowd, but depending on the band or theme (reggae, disco, and so on), it can sometimes seem as if the whole island is trying to get through the doors here. Jimmy Buffett makes an appearance late at night at least once every summer to jam with the band.
- Offshore Ale Company (Oak Bluffs; tel. 508/693-2626): The Vineyard's first and only brewpub features eight locally made beers on tap and entertainment 6 nights a week in season.
- Nectar's (Martha's Vineyard; tel. 508/693-1137): Formerly the Hot Tin Roof, this sprawling club at the airport has been the place to see big names on the Vineyard for decades.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.