Founded by Dissenters in 1681, this is one of the oldest churches in the South, its burial grounds dating back to 1695. In 1861, a fire destroyed the third incarnation of the building, and bricks from “Old Circular” were used to build the fourth and present church, completed in 1892. The name was maintained though this church is only partly circular (more like a cloverleaf), featuring instead a neo-Romanesque style inspired by Henry Hobart Richardson. The congregation is now related to the United Church of Christ and the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). The graveyard is worth a stroll, with the oldest inscribed gravestone dating from 1729, while the Greek Revival Parish House at the back is a rare architectural work by Robert Mills, dating from 1806 and the only remnant of the original Circular Church.