In the heart of Old Colmar is this Gothic collegiate church, considered the most beautiful in town. Begun in 1235, it was built on the site of former Carolingian and Romanesque churches. Its 70m (230 ft.) steeple beacons visitors from afar, whereas its spacious interior features soaring pointed arches, delicate medieval statuary and a choir erected by William of Marburg in 1350.