This royal chapel and naval church lies across the canal from Slotsholmen, next to the National Bank of Denmark. Although the structure was converted into a church for the Royal Navy in 1619, its nave was built in 1562 as an anchor forge. By 1641, the ever-changing church was renovated to its current, predominantly Dutch Renaissance style. The so-called "royal doorway" was brought from Roskilde Cathedral in the 19th century. Inside, the extraordinary feature of this church is its ostentatious baroque altar of unpainted oak, a carved pulpit by Abel SchrÃ¸der the Younger that extends right to the roof. In the burial chamber are the tombs of some of Denmark's most towering naval figures, including Admiral Niels Juel, who successfully fought off a naval attack by Swedes in 1677 in the Battle of KÃ¸ge Bay. Peder Tordenskjold, who defeated Charles XII of Sweden during the Great Northern War in the early 1700s, is also entombed here.