There are more than 100 licensed travel service providers in the United States; almost all offer charter flights and packages. Some of these operators arrange well-organized escorted general-interest tours. A couple of the best and most reputable are:
- ABC Charters (tel. 305/263-6829; www.abc-charters.com) is an excellent travel service provider and charter company based in Miami.
- Tico Travel (tel. 800/493-8426 in the U.S. or Canada, or 954/493-8426; www.destinationcuba.com) is a dependable company with operations throughout much of Latin America.
In addition to the agencies listed below, Canadian travelers and others using Canada as a gateway can check directly with Air Transat Holidays (tel. 866/322-6649 in the U.S. and Canada; www.airtransatholidays.com), the tour agency arm of one of the principal charter flight companies to Cuba.
- Sol Meliá Cuba (www.solmeliacuba.ca) is the Canadian-based tour agency arm of the Sol Meliá company.
- Signature Travel (tel. 866/324-2883; www.signaturevacations.com) is the largest tour and package operator in Canada, with offices in Burnaby, Mississauga, Montreal, and Winnipeg.
From the U.K.
- Cuba Welcome (tel. 020/7731-6871; www.cubawelcome.com) is a good U.K.-based operator with a knowledgeable and dependable operation on the ground in Cuba.
- Regent Holidays (tel. 0845/277-33661; www.regent-cuba.com) is the specialized Cuba unit of this U.K. tour operator.
- Journey Latin America (tel. 020/8747-3108; www.journeylatinamerica.co.uk) is a large U.K.-based operator for trips throughout the hemisphere, with often very good deals on airfare.
- Cuba Direct (tel. 0844/415-5510; www.cubadirect.co.uk) is a good Cuban-owned operator running a variety of tours.
- Thomas Cook (tel. 0870/750-5711; www.thomascook.com) is a major U.K.-based operator for trips around the world, with excellent operations in Cuba.
From Australia & New Zealand
- Caribbean Bound (tel. 02/9267-2555; www.caribbean.com.au) is a specialist in travel throughout the Caribbean.
- Caribbean Destinations (tel. 03/9571-3744; www.caribbeanislands.com.au) is another Australian-based specialist in travel throughout the Caribbean.
- Cubalinda (tel. 7/836-4062; www.cubalinda.com) is an excellent agency that provides hands-on service and is especially adept at helping nonlicensed U.S. travelers understand and work with the various options open to them.
- Cuba Welcome (tel. 020/7731-6871 in the U.K.; or Office 608, Bacardi Building, Calle Monserrate, La Habana Vieja, tel. 7/863-3885 in Cuba; www.cubawelcome.com) is a U.K.-based operator that has an excellent operation on the ground in Cuba.
For more information on escorted general-interest tours, including questions to ask before booking your trip, see www.frommers.com/planning.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.