This church, located in Cumberland's historic district, is built on the 1755 foundations of Fort Cumberland, where George Washington began his military career. Although the Emmanuel parish dates from 1803, the cornerstone of the current building was laid in 1849. The church contains original Tiffany stained-glass windows and a scale model of Fort Cumberland. The grounds are part of the Fort Cumberland Walking Trail.