For an exhaustive list of events beyond those listed here, check http://events.frommers.com, where you'll find a searchable, up-to-the-minute roster of what's happening in cities all over the world.
- "Monster Mile" NASCAR Weekend (Dover, Del.; tel. 800/441-RACE ; www.doverspeedway.com): This 2-day stock-car race draws top drivers from the circuit to Dover International Speedway. Early June.
- Delaware State Fair (State Fairgrounds, Harrington, Del.; tel. 302/398-3269; www.delawarestatefair.com): Annual agricultural showcase, as well as stock-car races, a demolition derby, harness racing, rides, games, and live concerts. Third week in July.
- Bethany Beach Boardwalk Arts Festival (Bethany Beach, Del.; tel. 800/962-7873): Juried show attracts craftspeople and spectators, and takes up the length of the boardwalk. First Saturday in September.
- "Monster Mile" NASCAR Weekend (Dover, Del.; tel. 800/441-RACE ; www.doverspeedway.com): This 2-day stock-car race, like June's event, draws dozens of top drivers from around the world. Second or third weekend in September.
- Punkin Chunkin (Bridgeville, Del.; tel. 302/684-8196; www.punkinchunkin.com): Giant pumpkin hurling contest that draws crowds of competitors and spectators. First weekend in November.
- Yuletide at Winterthur (Winterthur, Del.; tel. 800/448-3883 or 302/888-4600; www.winterthur.org): Celebrate the holidays in 19th-century style, with a festive program at the Brandywine Valley museum, featuring entertainment and guided tours. Mid-November through early January.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.