- Best Dining Experience: Restaurant Martin Wishart, 54 The Shore (tel. 0131/553-3557), is one of the best restaurants in the U.K., let alone Edinburgh and Scotland.
- Best Hotel Restaurant: Number One, The Balmoral, 1 Princes St. (tel. 0131/557-6727), is another Michelin star holder, with memorable cuisine.
- Best Innovative Cooking: 21212, 3 Royal Terrace, Calton Hill (tel. 0845/22-21212), has been turning heads since opening in 2009.
- Best Restaurant with Great Views Too: Forth Floor Restaurant & Brasserie, Harvey Nichols, 30-34 St. Andrew Sq. (tel. 0131/524-8350), is a marvelous place for a meal with views over the city.
- Best Thai Food: Dusit, 49a Thistle St. (tel. 0131/220-6846), manages to maintain authenticity while using great local produce.
- Best Vegetarian Restaurant: David Bann, 56-58 St. Mary's St. (tel. 0131/556-5888), proves that meat-free meals are not only good for you but can taste fantastic, too.
- Best for Late-Night Supper: The Witchery by the Castle, Boswell Court, Castlehill, Royal Mile (tel. 0131/225-5613), is unparalleled for a meal in the run-up to midnight.
- Best for a Casual Meal: Spoon Café Bistro, 6a Nicolson St. (tel. 0131/557-4567), is owned by a classically trained chef who knows just which ingredients work brilliantly together.
- Best Modern Scottish Restaurant: The Kitchin, 78 Commercial Quay (tel. 0131/555-1755), has in chef/owner Tom Kitchin one of the most talented young cooks in the country.
- Best Indian Restaurant: Khushi's Diner, 32b West Nicolson St. (tel. 0131/667-4871), is one of the longest continually operating Indian restaurants in the U.K.
- Best on a Budget: Nothing fancy, but the Kebab Mahal, 7 Nicolson Sq. (tel. 0131/667-5214), serves up good, hearty Indian food at budget prices.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.