This grand, cream-colored church, with its neoclassical facade and elegant twin bell towers, stands in front of the town's bustling central plaza (Parque Central). The church has been rebuilt several times, each time getting bigger and more sophisticated. It began as a simple adobe structure in 1823 and was revamped with a baroque facade in 1889. Architecturally, it is the most interesting building in the city.